The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I've always thought that it's not always the manager at fault. It's up to the players to perform on the pitch, to stand up and be counted! Klopps to good a manager to let go, players should be running themselves ragged, not just for the manager but for them. And I'm gonna have to say it, with all the money they earn.........

Yep - right now a lot of heads have dropped and feeling sorry for themselves, one thing that seemed to be missing more than anything yesterday was a lack of a leader on the pitch , Robbo would normally step up but he wasn’t seen- there needs to be some harsh words

These are the same players minus Mane that last season went close to winning all four trophies , I think whilst that has had both a mental and physical affect on the players that shouldn’t affect effort - and right now there is a lack of effort

Milner and Henderson will come back in for the Derby and there is going to be a lot of harsh words going on behind doors and it’s time for the players to earn those big wages

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep - right now a lot of heads have dropped and feeling sorry for themselves, one thing that seemed to be missing more than anything yesterday was a lack of a leader on the pitch , Robbo would normally step up but he wasn’t seen- there needs to be some harsh words

These are the same players minus Mane that last season went close to winning all four trophies , I think whilst that has had both a mental and physical affect on the players that shouldn’t affect effort - and right now there is a lack of effort

Milner and Henderson will come back in for the Derby and there is going to be a lot of harsh words going on behind doors and it’s time for the players to earn those big wages
Personally I think the near misses of last season took their toll and then the World Cup had a number of players takiing it easy to save themselves has meant them playing in that lethagic protective way has carried on. Keita is a case in point.

D

Deleted member 15344

Personally I think the near misses of last season took their toll and then the World Cup had a number of players takiing it easy to save themselves has meant them playing in that lethagic protective way has carried on. Keita is a case in point.

Think there is a lot of truth in it - we had a shorter pre season and something didn’t seem right in a couple of those games and even after the WC break the energy levels seemed very low

I have no doubt they will turn it around and go again but some need to step up.

D

Deleted member 15344

The crowd in the Spurs game sounds like the Covid fake crowd that Sky used to put on 🤷‍♂️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Does it not worry you that Liverpool have to rely on players of Henderson and Milner’s ages (32 and 37 respectively) to help dig you out of a bit of a hole? Where has the long term planning been?

We were talking about this on the course this morning and pretty much all agreed that we are seeing almost a perfect mirror image of what happened with Klopp at Dortmund. He built one really good side, but when that started to decline he seemed rather lacking, either in ability or desire, to be able to rebuild. In that respect he and Pep are poles apart.

Liverpool’s slide in the last year has been remarkable. And whilst I know you will argue they have an injury list, I’d counter that by saying that’s why you have a squad. Liverpool’s squad has not been rebuilt to anything like the level it needs to be at in order to meet the demands placed upon modern top four clubs.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pep is having a senior moment. Get Lewis and Alvarez off. Bring on KdB and Gunogan to gain control and look for the early pass to Haaland etc.

He's tinkering too much. Play Alvarez in position or not at all. Similar to Lewis who seems to be asked to do something different every week.

Rotate players for sure but square pegs in square holes as a start point.

Still love him though :love:

D

Deleted member 15344

Does it not worry you that Liverpool have to rely on players of Henderson and Milner’s ages (32 and 37 respectively) to help dig you out of a bit of a hole? Where has the long term planning been?

When it comes to some leadership on the pitch then it doesn’t worry me - Milners age doesn’t seem to affect his fitness level etc and Henderson was excellent at the World Cup. The midfield has always for Klopp being more about functional and energy.

We do have some young centre mids through the squad

The recent transfers have been about refreshing the front three - midfield will be next

We were talking about this on the course this morning and pretty much all agreed that we are seeing almost a perfect mirror image of what happened with Klopp at Dortmund. He built one really good side, but when that started to decline he seemed rather lacking, either in ability or desire, to be able to rebuild. In that respect he and Pep are poles apart.

Well he knew that we would be looking for a refresh over the next couple of seasons and had no issues signing a new contract so I can’t see him going anywhere
Liverpool’s slide in the last year has been remarkable. And whilst I know you will argue they have an injury list, I’d counter that by saying that’s why you have a squad. Liverpool’s squad has not been rebuilt to anything like the level it needs to be at in order to meet the demands placed upon modern top four clubs.

As a club we can only spent what me make - over the last 3 windows they have used the money to refresh the front 3 , im sure all clubs would love to be in a position to have enough finances to bring in more each window but we can’t and work with it - Midfield will be next and then the back line etc

The drop in form will be down to a number of reasons including injuries to key players and the affect of last season- we as a club have been going toe to toe with City over the last 5 years and it will have an affect. Fully confident that we will go again

D

Deleted member 15344

I suspect United gave real consideration to appealing the sending off, but chose to err on the side of caution.
Seen that if they appeal and it’s turned down then they add that frivolous nonsense then he gets banned for the Cup final

And no surprise that Romero is sent off - was always going to happen

Swango1980

Visit site
I suspect United gave real consideration to appealing the sending off, but chose to err on the side of caution.
Is there any point these days? I mean, the officials openly admitted they got it wrong with Fabinho, and probably Carroll. I don't think they issued 3 game bans though?

Pre VAR, there were probably grounds to appeal decisions. I suspect it is almost impossible now?

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I can’t understand Peps thinking today

Arsenal slip up giving City the chance to bridge the gap a bit more and he goes with some random formation, his new young left back as a holding mid i think and no KDB

Can’t recall one real decent City chance

Really strange all round from Pep

And Spurs helping out Arsenal 😂