• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yeah, seems like excellent money, so probably good business.

It is just that it didn't seem long ago Cancelo seemed to be talked about one of the best full backs in the PL, and maybe therefore the world. He is still only 28, so if City have ambitions to win the Champions League (and to continue to try and dominate the PL), you'd think Cancelo would be a player they'd like to keep. He seems to have not played so well recently, in the games I've watched, but just thought that was a dip in form.

Do they have a ready made replacement, and if so, do they have strong cover as well? If not, will they have to go out and spend a fortune on another top class full back? Didn't seem so long ago Pep was spending lots of money to bring the likes of Walker into the club (5 years or so ago)

I personally think something has gone off re Cancelo. When he is on it he is truly world class, but his defending is very suspect, Think TAA. He is one of the reasons folk question Citys back four. However the replacement at the moment is Ake. He has been a monster when playing at left back coming up against Saka and Salah and having very good games. Some rate him as player of the season up to yet. And yet Haaland is having A stormer. It’s odd but City have not hit full stride yet the positives around Ake, Haaland, Alvarez and Lewis are fantastic. Citys transfer policy is reaping massive benefits now. 30% of the fee that Spurs paid for Porro?
I have a feeling City will be making a massive bid for Bellingham. There is still talk that Laporte, Silva and a couple of others want out so the coffers could be bulging come the close season.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I personally think something has gone off re Cancelo. When he is on it he is truly world class, but his defending is very suspect, Think TAA. He is one of the reasons folk question Citys back four. However the replacement at the moment is Ake. He has been a monster when playing at left back coming up against Saka and Salah and having very good games. Some rate him as player of the season up to yet. And yet Haaland is having A stormer. It’s odd but City have not hit full stride yet the positives around Ake, Haaland, Alvarez and Lewis are fantastic. Citys transfer policy is reaping massive benefits now. 30% of the fee that Spurs paid for Porro?
I have a feeling City will be making a massive bid for Bellingham. There is still talk that Laporte, Silva and a couple of others want out so the coffers could be bulging come the close season.

Doing us alright too ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If players make too many mistakes they get dropped , or even sold etc - there are consequences for players making mistakes. No doubt there are consequences for anyone making mistakes.

There has been suggestions a number of times that maybe there needs to be some forum for the ref to explain some decisions etc that do affect the outcomes of games.

A referee has the power to cost clubs millions.
I would like to hear the VAR refs analysis of Fabs tackle.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cancelo has been shocking since the World Cup. Whether that's a dip in form or something else going on and he wants out...regardless we don't find ourselves in a position to allow it to play out (if it is loss of form).

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Chelsea buying another player for an insane amount of money.. £105m for Enzo Fernandez

Never heard of him, never seen anyone else linked with him, mind blown :ROFLMAO:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reports in the papers that Cancelo had a training ground bust up with Pep when he found out that he wasn't in the starting line up for the match with Arsenal. Cancelo told Pep that if he wasn't going to be picked then he would leave the club and Pep said go on then, leave.

D

Deleted member 31467

FFP.....how does it work?

Chelsea spent £270m in the summer, £160m this window and put in another bid of £105m for an Argie today. Absolute joke, what chance do the smaller teams have.

D

Deleted member 15344

Chelsea spent £270m in the summer, £160m this window and put in another bid of £105m for an Argie today. Absolute joke, what chance do the smaller teams have.

They are giving players very long contracts so that they can use accounting and amortisation of the fee to show that it wasn’t a big outlay in one year

Bringing someone in on an 8 year contract for £100mil will show as £12.5mil per year on the FFP books

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If any of these players at Chelsea don't work out then they will be making horrible losses on them or they will be stuck with them a la Winston Bogarde. Having such long contracts, no doubt on big money, is quite a gamble long term.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I think and I stand corrected. UEFA have changed the FFP terms as Chelsea were spreading the cost of a players fee over the term of the player’s contract. Nothing illegal about it but for some reason UEFA didn’t like it.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think and I stand corrected. UEFA have changed the FFP terms as Chelsea were spreading the cost of a players fee over the term of the player’s contract. Nothing illegal about it but for some reason UEFA didn’t like it.
I heard it being talked about on Talksport. I wonder why UEFA need to get involved. Sure, they van spread the initial fee over a longer term (as far as FFP is concerned), but it will catch up with them in the end. As said, giving a player a big contract of 6-8 years is quite a liability. They don't want to sign a Phil Jones or Pepe type player on that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

United are doing similar business this window.
£3.5m to borrow a guy from Burnley and today we signed a 16yr old from Cardiff!
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Swango1980

Visit site
Just saw McCoist called a definite penalty for Derby, that wasn't given.

He's having a laugh, given the inaction by referees and impotence of VAR recently, Derby were never getting a penalty for that.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just saw McCoist called a definite penalty for Derby, that wasn't given.

He's having a laugh, given the inaction by referees and impotence of VAR recently, Derby were never getting a penalty for that.

It was a penalty though, good point about VAR though, it should be used for every game in the tournament or none.
I know it’s not practical but at least it’s a level playing field.
If that was given after review it’s a different game, big IF with VAR though ?

Swango1980

Visit site
It was a penalty though, good point about VAR though, it should be used for every game in the tournament or none.
I know it’s not practical but at least it’s a level playing field.
If that was given after review it’s a different game, big IF with VAR though ?
Oh, just realised game is at Derby, so BAR won't be used.

I wouldn't even mind if VAR was used after a certain stage in the competition. Say, from quarter finals on. But, does feel strange when it is used in some matches, but not others, in the same round.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
They are giving players very long contracts so that they can use accounting and amortisation of the fee to show that it wasn’t a big outlay in one year

Bringing someone in on an 8 year contract for £100mil will show as £12.5mil per year on the FFP books

Sounds similar to an NFL contract and keeping within salary caps.

Smart financial dealings to be fair, not so sure about all the players they’ve invested in though!

Tashyboy

Visit site
The referees body has now admitted that Fabinho should have been sent off. However something made me chuckle About there statement.
As part of a drive for transparency within PGMOL, the organisation has privately let it be known there was enough evidence to warrant a red card.

If it wants to be transparent why has it “privately” let it be known. ?