The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
We'd agreed with him to give him until August 15th to wait for a Champions league club, none came, so he's joined the portguese outpost in Wolverhampton. Easier move for him.

The bigger clubs will see how he is after one season and then probably make their move. Win win for us.
Maybe Ronaldo will join you in the next couple of weeks

Swango1980

Visit site
Surprised no one has mentioned the interest in Man Utd’s “ alleged” takeover.
There is a lot of noise about Man Utd at the moment, and I expect that to be the case for at least the next couple of weeks with transfers.

I'm struggling to have any desire to form any opinion on much of the speculation being talked about. I think I'd prefer to wait until there is actually concrete news on anything, whether that be transfers or ownership.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks like Forest have got their man. £35m for Morgan Gibbs-White. Unbelievable money.

This deal has been so on-again-off-again that I'll have to wait until he's unvelied in a Forest kit before I believe it! Have to say I haven't seen him play all that much so I'm not sure what to think of him/the price tag. Cooper obviously very keen on him though and as a Forest fan, in Coops I trust! :D

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This deal has been so on-again-off-again that I'll have to wait until he's unvelied in a Forest kit before I believe it! Have to say I haven't seen him play all that much so I'm not sure what to think of him/the price tag. Cooper obviously very keen on him though and as a Forest fan, in Coops I trust! :D

Some proper journalists are reporting it rather than the ones who just guess so I think it's done. Medical this afternoon.
Good player, plenty of effort and some bits of quality. Completely unproven in the Premier league though, it's a massive risk, 44.5m including the add ons.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What the hell?? How is a guy who can't get in the Wolves team commanding that sort of fee? Admittedly if he'd have changed his name to Guedes-Branco he'd have had more chance but still. English tax is real.

He's started the first two games of the season, but I take your point.

He's had one good season in the Championship.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forest are doing a Chelsea, but at a lower price level. Buying everything in sight. To be fair, they seem to be buying pretty well on the whole

It seems an awful lot for someone most will have to google.

We've basically swapped him for Nunes who has played 8 times for Portugal and Champions League football. English tax in full effect.

RRidges

Visit site
Looks like Forest have got their man. £35m for Morgan Gibbs-White. Unbelievable money.
44.5M, including add-ons, according to most reports.
Who knows what the exact deal is though as many/most deals are quite 'qualified' from their 'max possible' headline value!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Happy with the deal then? I know nothing about him so its a genuine question.

I would've kept him, think he had a part to play for us, not as important to us as his Portguese teammates and definitely not worth keeping when he's got 2 years left and not interested in signing another deal. At that price, deal was a no brainer for us.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some proper journalists are reporting it rather than the ones who just guess so I think it's done. Medical this afternoon.
Good player, plenty of effort and some bits of quality. Completely unproven in the Premier league though, it's a massive risk, 44.5m including the add ons.

What the hell?? How is a guy who can't get in the Wolves team commanding that sort of fee? Admittedly if he'd have changed his name to Guedes-Branco he'd have had more chance but still. English tax is real.

Basically, there's more to this than *just* signing Morgan Gibbs White.

He was Cooper's number 1 target at the start of the summer....what has transpired is that Cooper and Murphy (our CEO) have put together some great transfers, but I'm told that some of the signings they had nothing to do with and were not consulted, which obviously (and understandably) didn't go down well with them. Cooper has yet to sign the contract extension he was offered at the start of summer.

I genuinely believe if we didn't get Gibbs-White, because of what had transpired with the random signings they've now had to make work, Cooper and Murphy would have walked

So yes, £44.5m is massively overpaying (even with English Premier League player tax) - BUT I'm pretty sure we'll shortly have an announcement that Cooper has signed his contract extension now this deal is done.

Essentially, I think they've probably given an ultimatum to the owners, and stuck their own necks on the line - because if he flops, Cooper might well be gone anyway. He knows him well, having coached him at Swansea - so I trust his judgement.

EDIT: Also, told you we'd sign him before the end of the window :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Go on then Forest fans, whats your best side now after all your latest additions, give us FPL mangers a chance????

Gibbs White, Awoniyi, Willians, Dennis, Niakhate, Biancone, Freuler, Richards, O Brien, Toffolo, Aguilera, Lingard, Kouyate, Hennessy, Henderson all in in the last few mths

Some job ahead of Cooper gelling a side together pretty much overnight