The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
with all the play acting that goes on within football, the number of times something is done properly is very rare. Even Zidane heatbutted the guy in the chest.

Has anyone ever landed a proper punch or headbutt in the premier league era? I can’t think of any.
I can think of one, the best ever.
Not in this era but still relatable.
The old first division pre the Premier League.
I give you:
Francis Lee (Man City) v Norman Hunter (Leeds United) now that was a proper fight, a classy boxing exhibition from Lee.
Lots on here too young but I'm sure it can be found on YouTube. ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I give you:
Francis Lee (Man City) v Norman Hunter (Leeds United) now that was a proper fight, a classy boxing exhibition from Lee.

Now that's what getting sent off was designed for !

D

Deleted member 1740

No, I meant he was an irritating piece of work and throttling him doesn't count. No grammar police at work here (y)

??‍♂️??‍♂️

I thought you'd cracked a funny one for a minute, i know they're few and far between like ??

Last edited by a moderator:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I give you:
Did Lee take a dive ?
He normally did , only the front of his kit ever got dirty.:LOL:
Two good footballers though.

Can you imagine Hunters reaction to Anderson’s collapse.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Rumour about Ronaldo going to Chelsea, You would think he would play well / score goals in the way Chelsea set up.
Not forgetting, playing with better players :LOL:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Denmark, Sweden, Iceland?

Iceland, definitely Iceland ?

Are you contractually obliged to only buy from this one country, Iceland? It does seem a little obsessive.

The more the better, easier to integrate into the club and he knows a lot of them from the Portguese national squad. Should fit straight in.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is that the one who told Moyes he was turning down west ham to wait for a bigger club

I guess the Portugal national team is massive ?

We'd agreed with him to give him until August 15th to wait for a Champions league club, none came, so he's joined the portguese outpost in Wolverhampton. Easier move for him.

The bigger clubs will see how he is after one season and then probably make their move. Win win for us.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We'd agreed with him to give him until August 15th to wait for a Champions league club, none came, so he's joined the portguese outpost in Wolverhampton. Easier move for him.

The bigger clubs will see how he is after one season and then probably make their move. Win win for us.

Very good point, also I guess for us who wants to come into a team were you won't become a first teamer guaranteed ..

I think it's why we haven't got in a established cm because they see rice and soucek knowing their first choice if fit

Our new Germain CB can play either full backs, CB or cdm so I can see him being our John oshea lol