The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sure there'll be someone else willing to prop them up when it goes belly up next time.

It would be interesting to see what it will take before they're left to fend for themselves.

Cynical me did partly wonder whether theyve been talking to a potential purchaser in the middle east but cant go down that road really and need to make current circumstances even worth before they announce the takeover as the only way to save the club and put them on a financial footing to compete with City, PSG etc

Swango1980

Visit site
Everton fans, what are your feelings going into next season? Enthusiastic, dread, confident, frustration?

I know little can be read into pre-season, but losing 4-0 to Minnesota Utd cannot inspire much belief within the squad.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everton fans, what are your feelings going into next season? Enthusiastic, dread, confident, frustration?

I know little can be read into pre-season, but losing 4-0 to Minnesota Utd cannot inspire much belief within the squad.
Worry

At this stage I'm not sure I can see us being much different to last season. Tarkowski is a cracking signing for us, should reduce the leakage from set pieces which has been horrible, but we failed to hold the ball in midfield last season and we have done nothing to address that so far. Ideally we would have those players in now but I can us doing the bulk of our business on the last day of the window sadly. Hopefully we do smart business, we need to.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I should add, I don't put too much store in pre-season but if you have finished badly then you need all the moral boosters you can get. Hopefully, the trip away is giving Lampard a chance to try out a few things, systems, players etc and the next few games back in the UK are closer to what we should be seeing coming August.

Worryingly, for us, transfer deadline day this year is Sept 1st rather than when the season starts. That is quite a while away still and we will have played 5 games by then :oops:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah we’ve got big gaps and problems still. But from a more confident perspective it’s been a long time since I’ve felt like we’re going into a season with a manager I have faith in. The Minnesota result looks embarrassingly poor but looking at the players in the second half it’s just underlining what we already know.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lingard to Forest confirmed. I'd expect an announcement before the weekend.

Bonkers that this even became a thing!
That's a great signing. Hard to believe that a mid-table club haven't gone in for him, given how he performed for West Ham the season before last.

Anyone see Stanway's goal for England ladies last night? Was an absolute cracker and a great way to win the tie.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Forest wage bill this season will be a bit different to last :oops:. I hope there are plenty of good clauses in there, just in case......

fingers crossed - but we have the money (I think :D)...Our front office (for a change) seems to know what they're doing, so hopefully has some good reward-based clauses in it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
fingers crossed - but we have the money (I think :D)...Our front office (for a change) seems to know what they're doing, so hopefully has some good reward-based clauses in it.
I was thinking less reward based and more cover your backsides with relegation type clauses. I just didn't want to say the R word :LOL:.

You are probably just spending the Sky money so that isn't an issue. A runaway wage bill is the usual danger.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice to have a proper European Cup winning team back in the prem.
Genuine q “ where do you think you will finish this season”?
Seen a few games last year and you looked very good!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
the only bonkers part is the 180k a week!!!!
True, but no transfer fee so if you look at the total spend over the length of the contract it probably is about right. Had someone bought him last summer he probably would have gone for £20-25m and be on £120-£140 per week (scary but true). They also now have a book asset that they can sell for a profit if needs be.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
the only bonkers part is the 180k a week!!!!

True, but no transfer fee so if you look at the total spend over the length of the contract it probably is about right. Had someone bought him last summer he probably would have gone for £20-25m and be on £120-£140 per week (scary but true). They also now have a book asset that they can sell for a profit if needs be.

Exactly this.

I'm trying to find out what wage structure they've offered (signings not been announced yet, but my cousin is friend's with our CEO and received a text yesterday to say it was a done deal and medical due last night)....as I'm intrigued as to whether we have offered him the £180k he wanted or done it differently.

Nice to have a proper European Cup winning team back in the prem.
Genuine q “ where do you think you will finish this season”?
Seen a few games last year and you looked very good!

I think we can realistically finish as high as 12-14th if everything falls into place with the signings we've made and we're not marred too much by injury. Steve Cooper is a really good man manager and will get the best out of the likes of Lingard, which could really stand us in good stead - but in reality I'd love anything 17th or above :LOL:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also worth mentioning - West Ham are interested in Ben Brerton Diaz from Blackburn...there's a sell on clause in his contract - and If sold, the money we make from his sale would pay for approx 6 months of Lingard's wages. :)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
West ham almost been linked with as many players as we have been lol

It’s typical West Ham, linked with loads of players, make a couple of derisory offers then come out with “well we tried”… There’s every chance we start the season with 10 of the 11 that started the season TWO seasons ago. ????

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s typical West Ham, linked with loads of players, make a couple of derisory offers then come out with “well we tried”… There’s every chance we start the season with 10 of the 11 that started the season TWO seasons ago. ????

2 newbies already tho and signed the keeper full time.. downes looks tidy

Augerad if he isn't too injured after rangers is a huge signing

Areola.. class act

Moyes is getting who he wants , Rome wasn't built in a day

Window closes 1st sept ages yet

Don't like fans moaning lingard is "mucking us about"

It's the lads last move .. he can take as long as he needs .. it's his career not ours