The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
But surely the one sided thumpings are something which should be confined to qualifying. If they are still happening at tournament finals then it is a little farcical. Representative of a sport which is perhaps trying to run before it can walk.
I have a feeling when the mens World Cup have more teams in the finals, thumping will be the norm. But as long as FIFA see the game being developed ( along with making more money) that’s ok ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how Barcelona keep signing players. From what I read recently, they are basically skint, owe players millions on wages, have to run a one in one out policy on registering players yet manage to make another 50 million pound plus signin today. Admittedly I am not the most knowledgeable in these matters but it all seems a bit wrong to me. Are some clubs simply too big to be censured?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how Barcelona keep signing players. From what I read recently, they are basically skint, owe players millions on wages, have to run a one in one out policy on registering players yet manage to make another 50 million pound plus signin today. Admittedly I am not the most knowledgeable in these matters but it all seems a bit wrong to me. Are some clubs simply too big to be censured?

If it means my shower finally get to land their number one summer transfer target, I’m all for it ?

Billysboots

Visit site
Man Utd finally sign Eriksen.

They also beat the mighty Melbourne Victory 4-1, with Martial scoring again and Rashford getting another.

No stopping us now, we could be the most in form team in the world ;)

I think Eriksen could be the best signing we’ve made in a long, long time. Finally, someone who can put his foot on the ball, look up, and pick a pass. Quality player, I wish we’d signed him when he left Spurs.

Swango1980

Visit site
Do you still want him even though it seems as though he doesn't want to move to you?
I'm not sure how true that is? My understanding is he doesn't want to leave Barcelona until they pay him what they owe him. If they are messing him around, I'm not sure he would have much respect for them. What they say in public isn't always what they feel privately.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

theyve "sold" some of their future tv rights and mkting revenues , continually kicking the can down the road a year or two until theres no more road.......

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Martinez signs for United.
Three down, two to go!
I sense a positive vibe coming from Utd and it’s fans. First time in a long time. I get they have a new manager but I wonder what’s gone off behind closed doors for attitude/direction to change ??

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sense a positive vibe coming from Utd and it’s fans. First time in a long time. I get they have a new manager but I wonder what’s gone off behind closed doors for attitude/direction to change ??

I think/hope ETH will be our best signing.
It took a while for his appointment to be finalised and I'm sure it was largely due to his demands regarding control of in comings and outgoings.
I still detest the owners but actually have a little bit of optimism for the coming season ....................... I think.

Billysboots

Visit site
I think/hope ETH will be our best signing.
It took a while for his appointment to be finalised and I'm sure it was largely due to his demands regarding control of in comings and outgoings.
I still detest the owners but actually have a little bit of optimism for the coming season ....................... I think.

^^ This.

I also sense the new manager will be more robust in his dealings with the club hierarchy than his two predecessors. The club simply cannot afford more of the same and just change the manager.

That and I like what I am seeing in the transfer market. The right players are on their way out, and some good signings on the way in. I really like what I am seeing written about Martinez in particular.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
theyve "sold" some of their future tv rights and mkting revenues , continually kicking the can down the road a year or two until theres no more road.......

They're gambling with their future to a really high degree - Selling 49% of their merchandising for a one off payment and 25% of TV rights...

Sold naming rights to the Nou Camp and a shirt deal with Spotify for big sums though

Mess of a club, in these circumstances they should sign young players with a long future who can turn a profit (or bring a dynasty), instead they've signed twilight of career players for large sums desperate to be relevant again.

D

Deleted member 1740

They're gambling with their future to a really high degree - Selling 49% of their merchandising for a one off payment and 25% of TV rights...

Sold naming rights to the Nou Camp and a shirt deal with Spotify for big sums though

Mess of a club, in these circumstances they should sign young players with a long future who can turn a profit (or bring a dynasty), instead they've signed twilight of career players for large sums desperate to be relevant again.

I'm sure there'll be someone else willing to prop them up when it goes belly up next time.

It would be interesting to see what it will take before they're left to fend for themselves.