The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m glad we’ve avoided relegation but I have to admit that the relief comes with a bitter price. We’ll never know now, as it hasn’t happened, but I think relegation could have seen the end of Moshiri and possibly the destruction and subsequent rebirth of the club free from his taint.

I don’t like Moshiri and I don’t like the board. And staying up only gives them more freedom and time to make things worse. They’ve escaped punishment and I dislike that lack of culpability.

I do like Frank and I like what he’s saying and doing so far. I hope he’s allowed to develop the team he sees and wants. I believe in him more than any manager we’ve had since Moyes - that in itself is a shocking reminder of what I feel about the club’s direction over the last decade.

I’m somewhat ignorant about Everton generally, but I think avoiding relegation is huge.

There’s no guarantee of salvation if you were to go down, or at least no guarantee of how quickly it would come.

I know where you’re coming from as bdill would I’m sure tell you villa are in far better shape compared to where they were as they endured a long slide to relegation, which seemed to take a while to come, but had been on the cards for a bit.

However, staying up gives you a chance to turn things around without the pain of a stint in the championship. Hopefully you take it and don’t find yourselves in the same spot again in 12 months time.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
These pitch invasions have just got totally out of hand and it needs clamping down on. The minority of fans are ruining it for everyone else, invasions have always happened, but the recent ones people are just pushing it too far, they get away with things in general public life, so will just do it in a stadium.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
These pitch invasions have just got totally out of hand and it needs clamping down on. The minority of fans are ruining it for everyone else, invasions have always happened, but the recent ones people are just pushing it too far, they get away with things in general public life, so will just do it in a stadium.
It definitely needs to stop,feel like it’s only a matter of time before something really bad happens.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It definitely needs to stop,feel like it’s only a matter of time before something really bad happens.

It doesn’t feel right punishing the clubs because of a few fans, but I think they need to be accountable. They have cctv everywhere and know who they have sold each seat to so tracing the culprits of these attacks is possible.

A pitch invasion should lead to games being played behind closed doors, if this is well publicised then the normal fans won’t even think of going on the pitch. Then there will just be the handful of dickheads to deal with.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I do like Frank and I like what he’s saying and doing so far. I hope he’s allowed to develop the team he sees and wants. I believe in him more than any manager we’ve had since Moyes - that in itself is a shocking reminder of what I feel about the club’s direction over the last decade.
I think Lampard will work his nuts off to make Everton successful. Whether he has the skills to do so is another matter. As with Chelsea, its a huge job and he might have been better advised to work his way up to the Premier league. I wish him nothing but success.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It doesn’t feel right punishing the clubs because of a few fans, but I think they need to be accountable. They have cctv everywhere and know who they have sold each seat to so tracing the culprits of these attacks is possible.

A pitch invasion should lead to games being played behind closed doors, if this is well publicised then the normal fans won’t even think of going on the pitch. Then there will just be the handful of dickheads to deal with.

The club is responsible for managing the crowd’s behaviour, and also has a duty of care to the players and staff. It’s that simple a concept. Achieving it without fences is almost impossible.

Arrests, life time bans and behind closed doors are all on the table and should be considered. And if financial fair play can lead to points deductions, why can’t pitch invasions? But imagine club a is playing club b, and club c has a vested interest in the outcome, like today. Supporters from club c get tickets for the match between a and b, and then invade the pitch…

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The club is responsible for managing the crowd’s behaviour, and also has a duty of care to the players and staff. It’s that simple a concept. Achieving it without fences is almost impossible.

Arrests, life time bans and behind closed doors are all on the table and should be considered. And if financial fair play can lead to points deductions, why can’t pitch invasions? But imagine club a is playing club b, and club c has a vested interest in the outcome, like today. Supporters from club c get tickets for the match between a and b, and then invade the pitch…

Arrests following pitch invasions are hugely problematic these days, primarily because policing is almost entirely confined to outside most grounds, as clubs are not prepared to pay for policing inside of their stadia. There is either no police presence within grounds, or it is very limited.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Arrests following pitch invasions are hugely problematic these days, primarily because policing is almost entirely confined to outside most grounds, as clubs are not prepared to pay for policing inside of their stadia. There is either no police presence within grounds, or it is very limited.

Clubs are spending a fortune on transfers. Maybe the EPL/EFL need to make it part of FFP that x% is spent on policing based on averages crowds at each club.