The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gutted for the Reds, I thought they’d gone and got the deserved miracle for a while there.

It’s been a great season on the whole.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perfect final day really. City win the league. Spurs get 4th at a canter. Classic Arsenal putting in a big performance when it's too late. :LOL: Burnley down as well. Nothing against them, but I don't think they'll be missed. I wanted Leeds to stay up as I see them as a big club, or at least a Premier League level club. Hopefully Forest come up now and join them.

You have to say Conte is a world class manager. He's come in, straight away identified what was and wasn't working, what was needed, and made it happen. Ruthless. Absolutely fantastic turnaround. Got to back him in the market now if we don't want to lose him.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well for me that final day almost had everything.... Fantastic showcase for the league with everything still to play for on the final day.

Congrats City and Leeds. But I can't deny... I'm happy Burnley are down.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Don't watch much of the GPL, but for the first two minutes of extra time Man City players were rolling about like they were on the front line, ref added 26 seconds. Poor poor show

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Disappointing end to a great season, we looked tired and had no real energy, I wonder why that is ?

Well done City, at least those ? didn't win the title……. That would have been unbearable. ?

4LEX

Visit site
Gotta feel for Liverpool. Finished second with 97 and 92 points in 19 and 22. Any other era and it's a title by 10 points plus. A truly special team. Hope they make it a cup Treble next weekend.

Honestly thought City had bottled it and couldn't see where a goal was coming from. What a finish to the title and congratulations to City. With a pure striker they'll be tough to beat next season.

4LEX

Visit site
If Everton have broken the PL rules on FFP then surely it is for the league to take action? The fact that it is Burnley and Leeds taking action says it all. It smacks of desperation and I believe Everton are pretty relaxed about it. The PL have been aware of this for months, there is nothing hidden.

As for what happens in the summer ?‍♂️. Delph, Tosun and Sigurdsson are all out of contract, are all big earners, don't really figure and will be off the books. We will also off load some others, Gomes and Rondon being the obvious but I suspect Allen may go as well, maybe Mina. More big wages gone, even if we have to subsidise a little. I wouldn't be surprised if Richarlison left but we will get a decent fee for him. We need to box cleverly, make sure our 2 loan signings are well thought out and we will be okay. The key is to keep DCL fit and have a proper back up for him. That has been our real weakness this year, a lack of goals.

The PL is way more relaxed on FFP than the EFL, who have nailed numerous teams. Most likely to avoid bad PR and taint their brand. I think you'll be fine but it's no way to run a club.

Those names you mention sum up how bad the club has been run. I'm no fan of the current Everton side but the club and support deserves better. Do you think Lampard is the right man for the job?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What goes through some peoples heads? Your side has just won the premier league, winning 3-2 having been 2-0 down. Rather than celebrate you think invading the pitch and attacking the opposition keeper is the way to proceed. Will be the same people moaning when theyre caged in away from the pitch in future!

English football needs to act fast on pitch invasions as its seemingly contagious

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you think Lampard is the right man for the job?
I don't know in all honesty but he is in the job and both parties need it to work. He has a chance to mould a team, build something. If it doesn't work, will he get another chance in the PL? I doubt it.

We need a period of stability and to get things right for our stadium move. We can't keep changing managers and buying in bunches of players who ultimately don't fit.

I like the fact he is relatively young, for management, rather than another regular older guy on the treadmill. He has a good team of coaches around him. Now they have the summer to move deadwood out, new guys in and drill the players into how he wants them to play. He needs to start the new season well, get the confidence going. The fans are with him though, that helps (ask Rafa ?)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I don't know in all honesty but he is in the job and both parties need it to work. He has a chance to mould a team, build something. If it doesn't work, will he get another chance in the PL? I doubt it.

We need a period of stability and to get things right for our stadium move. We can't keep changing managers and buying in bunches of players who ultimately don't fit.

I like the fact he is relatively young, for management, rather than another regular older guy on the treadmill. He has a good team of coaches around him. Now they have the summer to move deadwood out, new guys in and drill the players into how he wants them to play. He needs to start the new season well, get the confidence going. The fans are with him though, that helps (ask Rafa ?)

I’m inclined to think that as Everton’s board has a revolving door policy with managers, it’s the board that needs a major revamp. If they don’t rejig from the top first it’ll be deja vue next season.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What goes through some peoples heads? Your side has just won the premier league, winning 3-2 having been 2-0 down. Rather than celebrate you think invading the pitch and attacking the opposition keeper is the way to proceed. Will be the same people moaning when theyre caged in away from the pitch in future!

English football needs to act fast on pitch invasions as its seemingly contagious
In this sense it is good timing for the end of the season. Hopefully things will be put in place for the start of next season to knock this on the head. You are right, this is currently contagious and fans of different teams seem to want to copy each other as though they might be missing out if they don't invade.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m inclined to think that as Everton’s board has a revolving door policy with managers, it’s the board that needs a major revamp. If they don’t rejig from the top first it’ll be deja vue next season.
The top is the guy with the money. It's his club..................?‍♂️ (Rafa was his appointment ?)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m glad we’ve avoided relegation but I have to admit that the relief comes with a bitter price. We’ll never know now, as it hasn’t happened, but I think relegation could have seen the end of Moshiri and possibly the destruction and subsequent rebirth of the club free from his taint.

I don’t like Moshiri and I don’t like the board. And staying up only gives them more freedom and time to make things worse. They’ve escaped punishment and I dislike that lack of culpability.

I do like Frank and I like what he’s saying and doing so far. I hope he’s allowed to develop the team he sees and wants. I believe in him more than any manager we’ve had since Moyes - that in itself is a shocking reminder of what I feel about the club’s direction over the last decade.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perfect final day really. City win the league. Spurs get 4th at a canter. Classic Arsenal putting in a big performance when it's too late. :LOL: Burnley down as well. Nothing against them, but I don't think they'll be missed. I wanted Leeds to stay up as I see them as a big club, or at least a Premier League level club. Hopefully Forest come up now and join them.

You have to say Conte is a world class manager. He's come in, straight away identified what was and wasn't working, what was needed, and made it happen. Ruthless. Absolutely fantastic turnaround. Got to back him in the market now if we don't want to lose him.

Hopefully not yet another false dawn at spurs. Certainly looks like there’s potential to build something next season, avoiding last summer’s uncertainty will be a good start! Kane will surely be there for the long haul.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

One of those looks like an accidental collision? Or am I giving too much credit?

I found it hard to see exactly what they were doing to him. Obviously touching him in any way is totally inappropriate, but thankfully nothing like the attack on Billy sharp, as far as I could tell.