The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Great game for the neutral this. Rightly chalked off goal just now.... Grandstand finish for someone on the cards.

D

Deleted member 1740

Hats off to Emery and his side, dont think Liverpool will be unhappy mind. Super short price the winner this year is an English club now

I'll take that. We've still got a job to do tomorrow though. No room for complacency.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The high line works, but theres no room for error. Matip wasnt out quick enough.

We cant just drop 5-10yrds because our whole game is based on that high line. It works and the stats have proved it works well. Stick with it.

You can.

Decisions can or should be available on the pitch. Play it 95% of the time but if you are giving the opposition 3 or 4 easy chances by late running midfielders change it. I’m not saying defend on the edge of the box just 5 to 10 yards deeper. It then has to be a near perfect pass as less space to play into and less chance of running through to Alison as he plays as a sweeper keeper.

When mo scored the wonder goal against city at Anfield it should have been the winner. Instead we defended high and city had 3 or 4 easy chances within 10 mins and scored from 1. Just amend your philosophy at key points or against particular opponents not at the drop of a hat. No tactics work 100% of the time.

D

Deleted member 1740

You can.

Decisions can or should be available on the pitch. Play it 95% of the time but if you are giving the opposition 3 or 4 easy chances by late running midfielders change it. I’m not saying defend on the edge of the box just 5 to 10 yards deeper. It then has to be a near perfect pass as less space to play into and less chance of running through to Alison as he plays as a sweeper keeper.

When mo scored the wonder goal against city at Anfield it should have been the winner. Instead we defended high and city had 3 or 4 easy chances within 10 mins and scored from 1. Just amend your philosophy at key points or against particular opponents not at the drop of a hat. No tactics work 100% of the time.

If my memory serves me right here, the equaliser we conceded came from a throw in, in their LB position, they passed through us and another KDB deflected shot. It had nothing to do with a high line.

If Matip steps up a fraction quicker we dont concede that 2nd goal sunday.

I get a feeling Klopps high line is like Benitez's zonal marking in the punditry world.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
If my memory serves me right here, the equaliser we conceded came from a throw in, in their LB position, they passed through us and another KDB deflected shot. It had nothing to do with a high line.

I get a feeling Klopps high line is like Benitez's zonal marking in the punditry world.

Or trent tracks the runner, for me.

Either way, the high line stays. it's brilliant. it's what makes us so dominant. As for Sunday? City were just better than us.

D

Deleted member 1740

Or trent tracks the runner, for me.

Either way, the high line stays. it's brilliant. it's what makes us so dominant. As for Sunday? City were just better than us.

They're coached specifically to play the offside. Why would he track the runner?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You may be right on the goal, but I just know that city had 3 or 4 easy chances after we went ahead by just putting balls over the top, which they were onside for.

Yes, or you drop off if no pressure on the ball.

We're talking KDB, Silva, Rodri putting these balls through to speed merchants like Sterling. Not Holgate through to Tosun here. :D

D

Deleted member 1740

You may be right on the goal, but I just know that city had 3 or 4 easy chances after we went ahead by just putting balls over the top, which they were onside for.

Yes, or you drop off if no pressure on the ball.

We're talking KDB, Silva, Rodri putting these balls through to speed merchants like Sterling. Not Holgate through to Tosun here. :D

Theyre a fantastic side, they will always create chances. It's what they do.

I get your point but if the defence drops 5-10yards then the midfield and attackers have to do the same. Then game plan changes and we're too far in for that.

Keep it as it is, take the bumps in the road.

D

Deleted member 1740

How are Arsenal fams feeling seeing a Emery side win a European trophy and get to the semis of the CL in 18 months?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How are Arsenal fams feeling seeing a Emery side win a European trophy and get to the semis of the CL in 18 months?

Ill answer as a fan not a fam ;)

Pleased for him, he got a pretty rough ride at Arsenal, both from the club and the fans (me included). Was a massively poisoned chalice being the manager to follow Wenger, and things were pretty toxic when he came on board. He was pigeon holed very early on and given little backing from the club then shown the door. Subsequent golden child manager whose face fits far more has been given more resources, more control, more backing yet not delivered any better results (despite having a bunch of decent youngsters breaking through). And will be given a new contract.

Funny game football....

D

Deleted member 1740

Ill answer as a fan not a fam ;)

Pleased for him, he got a pretty rough ride at Arsenal, both from the club and the fans (me included). Was a massively poisoned chalice being the manager to follow Wenger, and things were pretty toxic when he came on board. He was pigeon holed very early on and given little backing from the club then shown the door. Subsequent golden child manager whose face fits far more has been given more resources, more control, more backing yet not delivered any better results (despite having a bunch of decent youngsters breaking through). And will be given a new contract.

Funny game football....

I wonder how FamTV are taking it ?