The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If West Ham can qualify for the Champions League by winning the Europa League, does that mean Rotherham Utd can qualify as Papa Johns Trophy winners? ;)
Up the Millers!
Neilds are Rotherham stuttering. Look a bit like Scottie (cost a pair of shoes) scheffler at the 18th at the moment. Yet they dominated the division for so long.
Well, Tottenham scoring that many goals in 2 games would be highly against the odds in the 1st place! :LOL:
One of Kanes 'qualities' is that he's so dangerous that he drags defences away for others to pounce on. Might not help his statistics, but helps the team ones!
it’s odd you say that. I thought the same about Son a few seasons back and said the same at the time. I really liked him And still do. Yet others thought he was rammel.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
it’s odd you say that. I thought the same about Son a few seasons back and said the same at the time. I really liked him And still do. Yet others thought he was rammel.
I think he's always been pretty good, but has improved his versatility so not just pouncing on opportunities from Kane. Haven't actually seen all that much of him (or Tottenham in general), so that perception could be... rammel! :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Great game yesterday, they must be the best two teams in Europe by a country mile, astonishing stuff.
I really can't see how any Liverpool fan can moan on about tactical fouling anymore, talk about desperation fouls in that final 10 minutes :LOL:
Sometimes You wish fragger had given you an infraction so you could not read the comments. ? sounds like I Missed a good un. That an the masters. On a positive I saw the pirate show by the pool ???

D

Deleted member 1740

Great game yesterday, they must be the best two teams in Europe by a country mile, astonishing stuff.
I really can't see how any Liverpool fan can moan on about tactical fouling anymore, talk about desperation fouls in that final 10 minutes :LOL:

Personally i've never had a problem with City tactical fouling or any other team for that matter. I love it, it's a part of football that has to stay.

It's how it gets managed by the refs that annoys me.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sometimes You wish fragger had given you an infraction so you could not read the comments. ? sounds like I Missed a good un. That an the masters. On a positive I saw the pirate show by the pool ???

What pool Tashy? Are you on yer jollies? You've not mentioned it...?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Personally i've never had a problem with City tactical fouling or any other team for that matter. I love it, it's a part of football that has to stay.

It's how it gets managed by the refs that annoys me.
If and I don’t know because I Never saw the game. Was it Karma, is it what comes around goes around. I don’t know. Personally from a city fans point of view they don’t have a leg to stand on re complaining. But I totally agree it’s how it is managed by refs that is the problem.

D

Deleted member 1740

If and I don’t know because I Never saw the game. Was it Karma, is it what comes around goes around. I don’t know. Personally from a city fans point of view they don’t have a leg to stand on re complaining. But I totally agree it’s how it is managed by refs that is the problem.

There was nothing out of the ordinary in the game for me.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OOoo Liverpool do a few fouls so we can't complain about City anymore. Get over yourselves. The same Liverpool who are often top of the fair play league?

City have been systematic about it and the former City coach Mikel Arteta even made reference about it in the past.

We did it in a game, they have done it for 5 years, so behave.

Thiago was a very lucky boy, yup. Nowhere as lucky as Kompany's tackle on Mo the other year which was a straight red, never mind a second yellow.

I don't like the high line that we operate, but it obviously has great results, but against City there are times we should drop off just another 5-10 yards as their delivery is better than everyone else, and it's also into world class players, so feel we should alter our approach at least against them.

D

Deleted member 1740

OOoo Liverpool do a few fouls so we can't complain about City anymore. Get over yourselves. The same Liverpool who are often top of the fair play league?

City have been systematic about it and the former City coach Mikel Arteta even made reference about it in the past.

Thiago was a very lucky boy, yup. Nowhere as lucky as Kompany's tackle on Mo the other year which was a straight red, never mind a second yellow.

I don't like the high line that we operate, but it obviously has great results, but against City there are times we should drop off just another 5-10 yards as their delivery is better than everyone else, and it's also into world class players, so feel we should alter our approach at least against them.

The high line works, but theres no room for error. Matip wasnt out quick enough.

We cant just drop 5-10yrds because our whole game is based on that high line. It works and the stats have proved it works well. Stick with it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

As Lucky as Milner against City earlier in the season?