The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

I don’t see it. I think city’s is just as tough. They both will win all games at home and would certainly expect too. Of the away games I’d rather liverpools than city’s.
West Ham in particular will be a tricky one.

Only if they're out of Europa League. If theyre still in it i expect West Ham to play a weakened side that game and rightly so.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don’t see it. I think city’s is just as tough. They both will win all games at home and would certainly expect too. Of the away games I’d rather liverpools than city’s.
West Ham in particular will be a tricky one.
Notice the (wishful thinking) smilie! I didn't really analyse any 'away-ness factor'; just, from self interest, that particular game!

D

Deleted member 1740

A mad game of 2 halves. Disappointed how we conceded the scruffy 1st goal.

We're no worse off, it's upto both sides to win all the remaining games.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fair result and a decent game, especially for those with nothing on it. Thought both sides did their best to go out and win it. No damage to either side and so makes the run in really interesting and down to either side to win or lose it on their own merit

D

Deleted member 1740

Shocking first half.
Really good second ,the way to handle City is to attack them.
Not a fan of the high line and City showed me why.
Fabhino should have been off imho.
But the Thiago one the City player is holding him so he’s off balance.
Very good game and fair result for me.

Exactly the same tackle from Silva on Robertson. Thought both were the same fouls.

Surprised KDB never got booked for the same challenge on Fabinho.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fulham doing their normal and bottling it when success is within touch. Shocking display and howler from Ream. We'll go up but knowing Fulham would rather we get it done sooner rather than later. Think we can hold our own unless we chuck crap in like today. It'll still be watch through the hands against the top sides

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only if they're out of Europa League. If theyre still in it i expect West Ham to play a weakened side that game and rightly so.

Don't be so sure

We will do what we always do, not rest players , let them be tired when could rotate a bit

Antonio Bowen rice soucek zouma

Zouma limped off so now a doubt

Should have tested zouma and Antonio imo

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Exactly the same tackle from Silva on Robertson. Thought both were the same fouls.

Surprised KDB never got booked for the same challenge on Fabinho.

cost me chunks no KDB card sigh

thought the ref was pretty poor to be honest, seemed his main concern was keeping 22 on the park, Liverpool definitely fortunate not to lose a man

D

Deleted member 1740

cost me chunks no KDB card sigh

thought the ref was pretty poor to be honest, seemed his main concern was keeping 22 on the park, Liverpool definitely fortunate not to lose a man

Really?? Im not sure any of the bookings were anything more than yellows.

The Thiago one where he was fouled by Rodri and his mommentum took him into KDB was probably the only contentious one.

Taylor not giving a blatant corner was hilarious.

D

Deleted member 1740

Don't be so sure

We will do what we always do, not rest players , let them be tired when could rotate a bit

Antonio Bowen rice soucek zouma

Zouma limped off so now a doubt

Should have tested zouma and Antonio imo

If they get through to the Europa final i'd be amazed if Moyes played full strength sides in the remaining 2 league games.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really?? Im not sure any of the bookings were anything more than yellows.

The Thiago one where he was fouled by Rodri and his mommentum took him into KDB was probably the only contentious one.

Taylor not giving a blatant corner was hilarious.

I think there was a tackle from Thiago earlier in the second half were he could of been given a yellow but think he let a few go - no idea how KDB didn’t get a booking for that late one on Fabinho

Did giggle at a VAR check for handball where the ref didn’t even think it hit any City player ? and still didn’t give a corner

D

Deleted member 1740

I think there was a tackle from Thiago earlier in the second half were he could of been given a yellow but think he let a few go - no idea how KDB didn’t get a booking for that late one on Fabinho

Did giggle at a VAR check for handball where the ref didn’t even think it hit any City player ? and still didn’t give a corner

Thiago was always getting a card for the next one regardless after the KDB one.

Mad,the var convo mustve been " was it handball?, "no it came off his thigh" - "ok ive given a goal kick" ??

D

Deleted member 1740

Would it depend on whether they needed wins or at least a couple of points to get qualification for next season? If the get to the final and win then of course but would you risk missing out next season??

By the time they play City (game 37) youd expect the league standings to be all but done.

If they're in the final against anyone but Barcelona, i'm sure they'd fancy their chances.

Whats more important, finishing 5/6th or finishing 7th and having a chamce to win a trophy?

Dont forget, winning the europa this season guarantees CL football next season.

Trophies for me every day of the week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
By the time they play City (game 37) youd expect the league standings to be all but done.

If they're in the final against anyone but Barcelona, i'm sure they'd fancy their chances.

Whats more important, finishing 5/6th or finishing 7th and having a chamce to win a trophy?

Totally agree and if you get to the final you put the best XI out you can. Worse case scenario and they finish 7th isn't that Europa Conference anyway? It seems so much harder to win than when we got to the final even though we beat Shakter Donetsk, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...84469c8ed710-1000--route-to-the-final-fulham/

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thiago was always getting a card for the next one regardless after the KDB one.

Mad,the var convo mustve been " was it handball?, "no it came off his thigh" - "ok ive given a goal kick" ??

Is that only because VAR can only be used for certain decisions and whether it's a goal kick/corner isn't one of them? Exactly the same as if the ref gives a corner but VAR checks that it's not a penalty. Even if the replay shows that the ball has come off the attacker and it should be a goal kick VAR can't change it from a corner to a goal kick.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We can't get Barca in the final, we have them in the semis if we beat Lyon (providing they beat Frankfurt)

D

Deleted member 1740

Is that only because VAR can only be used for certain decisions and whether it's a goal kick/corner isn't one of them? Exactly the same as if the ref gives a corner but VAR checks that it's not a penalty. Even if the replay shows that the ball has come off the attacker and it should be a goal kick VAR can't change it from a corner to a goal kick.

Yeah i know that, its just madness that they cant rectify the mistake when its been proven the initial decision is wrong.

It'll soon change when the scenario you describe happens.