The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

sounds familiar to the situ were in too! horrid squad and massive asset devaluation in the latter years of a great manager

I don't think we'll see managers staying at clubs for the length of time like Wenger and Ferguson did.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh I agree but should Salah walk straight back in next week when he is only missing because he broke the rules? Seems unfair on the others

Which rules did he break ?

Salah will walk back into the team

Jota having a great impact gives the manager options and at times he will pay all 4 because of Firminos ability to drop into the 10 role

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Oh I agree but should Salah walk straight back in next week when he is only missing because he broke the rules? Seems unfair on the others
Was he not allowed to go to the wedding?

I could kind of see you point if a player took salahs spot and performed, but like I said. I reckon Firmimho is in the firing line and atm he isn't justifying his spot imo.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which rules did he break ?

Salah will walk back into the team

Jota having a great impact gives the manager options and at times he will pay all 4 because of Firminos ability to drop into the 10 role
12_PAY-Newsflash-MohamedSalahDancing-02.jpg

He lives in the UK under national lockdown we are only allowed to leave the country for elite sports ie football so really was he even allowed to be at the wedding in first place ? Apparently this is social distancing and enforced wearing of masks in enclosed spaces (which Egypt also has in place)

He clearly didn't follow the rules entirely .

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
View attachment 33671

He lives in the UK under national lockdown we are only allowed to leave the country for elite sports ie football so really was he even allowed to be at the wedding in first place ? Apparently this is social distancing and enforced wearing of masks in enclosed spaces (which Egypt also has in place)

Pretty sure when travel corridors were allowed, you had to keep to the rules of the country. Not the one you’ve come from.

No he may not have been too sensible to have gone to the wedding, but no way are Liverpool, or any team dropping their star player for that imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

View attachment 33671

Egypt allow weddings of up to 300 guests - he was under the jurisdiction of the Egyptian FA at the time

Why would be not be allowed to attend his brothers wedding ?

The club have not said he wasn’t allowed to go and Klopp doesn’t appear to have any issue with it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Egypt allow weddings of up to 300 guests - he was under the jurisdiction of the Egyptian FA at the time

Why would be not be allowed to attend his brothers wedding ?

The club have not said he wasn’t allowed to go and Klopp doesn’t appear to have any issue with it.

But doesn't get round the issue the Egypt the country he was in has the rule of masks inside at all times and social distancing

Which in this photo his mask is down and that's not 2m.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty sure when travel corridors were allowed, you had to keep to the rules of the country. Not the one you’ve come from.

No he may not have been too sensible to have gone to the wedding, but no way are Liverpool, or any team dropping their star player for that imo.

Egypt is same masks inside and social distancing ..don't see it here

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But doesn't get round the issue the Egypt the country he was in has the rule of masks inside at all times and social distancing

Then he broke the rule in Egypt, so any punishment Should be handed out there.

Are Liverpool playing WH next ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tbf I've been to one funeral and no zero weddings since covid, but what I would say is that emotions and (in my case) alcohol led me to forget distancing.

Which will happen yes but it would still be a break and if he was your player you would be a bit miffed and least fine him wages surely

D

Deleted member 15344

So what do you expect to happen ? The club not to play him because he went to his brother wedding and in the celebrations things slipped ? If it’s the UK rules then he will pay the £10k fine then ?

Then he broke the rule in Egypt, so any punishment Should be handed out there.

Are Liverpool playing WH next ?
nah we managed to beat them before the Inty break ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No doubt the squad wasn’t great but it’s now been 7/8 years and over £800mil spent by them under 3 managers

I’m just glad they are sticking with the yes man - if they got a decent manager in and with the funds they spend then it wouldn’t take long for them to be back amongst it

Actually, it's four managers, not three.
I thought you thought Mourinho was a decent manager.