The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glazers have been owners since 2005 is it ?

was it 5 titles and and CL in 8 years ?

Maybe the focus should be away from the owners and at the managers , transfers and players that have arrived since 2013

Nice and easy to blame owners but a lot of money has been spent , a lot of players have arrived

There is a distinct pattern that has emerged, certainly since SAF retired.

D

Deleted member 15344

There is a distinct pattern that has emerged, certainly since SAF retired.

yes - the club have hired poor managers not fit for purpose and spent millions on players for those managers who were unable to fit them into systems. Owners have allowed money to be spent.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
yes - the club have hired poor managers not fit for purpose and spent millions on players for those managers who were unable to fit them into systems. Owners have allowed money to be spent.

But not necessarily on the players the manager wants once Champions League football has been achieved.
They'll spend enough to ensure ECL football, then they tighten the purse strings.

D

Deleted member 15344

But not necessarily on the players the manager wants once Champions League football has been achieved.
They'll spend enough to ensure ECL football, then they tighten the purse strings.

So the managers aren’t getting players they want ?

And I don’t blame the club for not spending over £100mil plus on a wide player .

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Delighted with that

Really ground that result out much like against Fulham

Felt we should have scored more but then they should have scored one for sure

A win and a clean sheet can't beat that

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Blimey, Everton made hard work of that second half. We can't do Italian style close out a game so why try? We are far better when going forward, at least posing a threat. We invited Fulham into the game.

Fulham fans, why does Loftus cheek not start? He changed the game, everything second half went through him, he was your best player. Does he not do it when starting?

No idea. Has done well when he has played so don't know why he doesn't get more game time. Shocking first half performance that wouldn't have got the job done in the championship let alone the PL. Much better second half. No idea who takes the next penalty as we're running out of takers with any degree of confidence. I think Everton made us look better in the second half than we actually were. At least Sheffield United keep losing so as long as West Brom and Burnley do the same then happy days. Leicester and Man City away and then Fulham at home. What can possibly go wrong

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That half was a hard watch, next one might be worse. Ceballos been excellent in midfield on his own, could do with some help in there though! Just getting totally overrun as the game passes Xhaka by and Willocks disappeared after a bright start. Holding exposed time and again when he goes ball chasing, William still giving it away for fun, Pepe not much better, so little creativity and Aubam whilst at least down the middle is so isolated a lot of the time. Gabriel been good, one top save from Leno and many wasted chances the only reason were not at least a couple behind

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No idea. Has done well when he has played so don't know why he doesn't get more game time. Shocking first half performance that wouldn't have got the job done in the championship let alone the PL. Much better second half. No idea who takes the next penalty as we're running out of takers with any degree of confidence. I think Everton made us look better in the second half than we actually were. At least Sheffield United keep losing so as long as West Brom and Burnley do the same then happy days. Leicester and Man City away and then Fulham at home. What can possibly go wrong
I couldn't quite believe that you aren't bottom, never mind you are not bottom 3. That gives you a chance. Start the season next game in effect.

Our mentality was totally wrong second half so it was hard to tell if you were much better or we gave you too much time on the ball. Step one is surely to stop the playing around at the back. Fine to have a philosophy but to not mix it up makes it easy to play against. Equally the defence is not good enough to pass around the back like Beckenbauer. It should be noted at this point that we make the exact same mistake ☹. We can get away with it against lower teams, not against the better ones.

RLC made a real difference, it's cotton wool time for him. At least with him out there you had a shape and a pattern.

I'd send one of your centre halfs up for the next pen. Tell him 5 paces and then hit it as hard as he can. Nothing fancy, just raw power. A pretty player may decide to do something else, your CB should just follow orders ?. I have to confess, I laughed at the miss today, it was that bad. Had I been a Fulham fan I daren't think what the emotion would have been.