The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Pep's done well at City ...

Honestly, has he? I think he's done what was expected.

And at the moment he's not doing anywhere near enough. He's constantly spoken about as the best manager in the world - right now, his players can't walk the league with their eyes closed and they need this management.

Spurs played them brilliantly. But city at their best walk them off the park. Can't see where the direction is for city atm. For me.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Disagree, the pitch side monitor was an ornament for 16months!!

Assuming you're right it still doesn't make tonight's decisions correct.

You've posted about people on here not knowing the rules, it seems the professional referees don't know them either.

I've got to be honest, they really are bloody confusing at times.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although first and foremost I am a fan of Dunfermline Athletic I have massive leanings towards united due to family (my mothers from Manchester) and I do watch every single united match and yes I’m normally biased but those two decisions tonight were embarrassing!!

Having given West Brom the penalty how on earth can he overturn it after watching the replay? Definite contact and not a “clear and obvious mistake” which is supposedly VARs tag line then at the other end if that’s handball then we may as well stop playing football!! What are players supposed to do with their arms?

It’s getting beyond a joke the amount of “handball” decisions given against players who are in a completely natural position but a ball is played at pace against an arm.

I have no issue with the penalty being retaken as that is and always was the rule about a keeper being off his line when ball is struck but he was also way off his line for the retake so why not make it be taken again or is this another one that’s given in the attacking teams favour despite a rule being broken?

Now maybe I’m old school when it comes to football but I want to see a good tough match with the best or luckiest team on the day coming out on top but as it is at the highest (most money involved) levels VAR is destroying football as we know it and I’m so glad I can watch Dunfermline without worrying about the farce of VAR!!

4LEX

Visit site
Despite it being a poor performance, I'd never regret seeing the back of Mourinho, never.

If he had been given the power to bomb Pogba and Martial out you'd have a title by now.
Honestly, has he? I think he's done what was expected.

And at the moment he's not doing anywhere near enough. He's constantly spoken about as the best manager in the world - right now, his players can't walk the league with their eyes closed and they need this management.

Spurs played them brilliantly. But city at their best walk them off the park. Can't see where the direction is for city atm. For me.

Well the last few years have been a big failure. One Kompany screamer away from 1 title in 5 years and no CL success.

But two titles playing amazing football and breaking goal and point records tells a different story. The truth is probably in the middle. Great manager, trophies won and complacency creeping it. Vast amounts wasted to fix the problems and stuck in nowhereness. I love football and Man City are one player from being the best team in the world. Put Kane or a proper number 9 who can play a bit and no one would touch them.

But Pep would rather sign another winger or midfielder.

D

Deleted member 18121

Just caught up on MOTD and I can only assume that David Coote is trying to get sacked/demoted/the limelight..... He can't be that incompetent surely.

D

Deleted member 15344

None of United's managers have had any power since the Glazers took over. :mad:
Glazers have been owners since 2005 is it ?

was it 5 titles and and CL in 8 years ?

Maybe the focus should be away from the owners and at the managers , transfers and players that have arrived since 2013

Nice and easy to blame owners but a lot of money has been spent , a lot of players have arrived

D

Deleted member 16999

Glazers have been owners since 2005 is it ?

was it 5 titles and and CL in 8 years ?

Maybe the focus should be away from the owners and at the managers , transfers and players that have arrived since 2013

Nice and easy to blame owners but a lot of money has been spent , a lot of players have arrived
Exactly! Too many believe what they read on the internet or in the press!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It wasn't even backs to the wall. It was reel City in and hit them. Spurs weren't even troubled.

Floyd Mayweather won every fight doing the same thing.

Below are the stats from yesterday game, they are typical of every game I have seen at City since Pep has taken over. The big difference is shots. 22 of which only 5 were on target. That’s less than 25%. Yet Spurs had 4 and 50% were on target. If you count the disallowed Spurs goal. Even better.
For all the goals that City score they never really analyse the goals they don’t score. ( Merson did yesterday on Sky). There in lies City’s problem, scoring goals against the better teams. Every time City play Mourinhos teams they sit back and soak up. It is predictable and gets results For Mourinho. It is a results based job and Spurs and other teams deserved it. If City do not sort out the problem of sticking the ball in the net they will not qualify for the Champs league next year.

Team

Spurs Man City

Possession
Home 34%% Away 66%
Shots
Home 4 Away 22

Shots on Target

Home 2 Away 5

Corners
Home 0 Away 10

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Below are the stats from yesterday game, they are typical of every game I have seen at City since Pep has taken over. The big difference is shots. 22 of which only 5 were on target. That’s less than 25%. Yet Spurs had 4 and 50% were on target. If you count the disallowed Spurs goal. Even better.
For all the goals that City score they never really analyse the goals they don’t score. ( Merson did yesterday on Sky). There in lies City’s problem, scoring goals against the better teams. Every time City play Mourinhos teams they sit back and soak up. It is predictable and gets results For Mourinho. It is a results based job and Spurs and other teams deserved it. If City do not sort out the problem of sticking the ball in the net they will not qualify for the Champs league next year.

Team

Spurs Man City

Possession
Home 34%% Away 66%
Shots
Home 4 Away 22

Shots on Target

Home 2 Away 5

Corners
Home 0 Away 10
I agree with what you say .
But in a game where you have most of the ball and just can’t score you should NOT be losing.
You should at least get a draw, which is not a bad result away at a main rival club.
City are wide open at the back and you were lucky it wasn’t more.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I appreciate this could still bite me but could we play Fulham every week?

Not a chance in hell that they will stay up playing like this.

After we played them last week and they parked the bus and Everton haven't been as good recently I didn't captain DCL .. I am most sad lol

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I agree with what you say .
But in a game where you have most of the ball and just can’t score you should NOT be losing.
You should at least get a draw, which is not a bad result away at a main rival club.
City are wide open at the back and you were lucky it wasn’t more.

I first saw the problem a good few years back when we played Juve in the champs league, be battered them and got beat 2-1. Our goal came from an OG. We drove back over woodhead pass wondering how the hell we lost that. More and more it became apparent we were not taking our chances. Primarily it was against the better teams. But of late it has become more and more of a problem. I don’t blame teams for sitting back at all. If you get beat 5-0 one season you sure as hell don’t want it to happen the following season. Teams play with five at the back and hit on the break.
Remember when Fernandinho and other City players give away blatant fouls when teams are breaking away. I thought Kane was superb yesterday finding the space holding it up and getting others involved. He has gone from a superb goal scorer to a superb footballer.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blimey, Everton made hard work of that second half. We can't do Italian style close out a game so why try? We are far better when going forward, at least posing a threat. We invited Fulham into the game.

Fulham fans, why does Loftus cheek not start? He changed the game, everything second half went through him, he was your best player. Does he not do it when starting?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blimey, Everton made hard work of that second half. We can't do Italian style close out a game so why try? We are far better when going forward, at least posing a threat. We invited Fulham into the game.

Fulham fans, why does Loftus cheek not start? He changed the game, everything second half went through him, he was your best player. Does he not do it when starting?

Isn't he another sicknote?