The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Actually, it's four managers, not three.
I thought you thought Mourinho was a decent manager.

Mourinho is a manager who has proven that he can win at the highest level when given the right backing

He does it his way - if the club had shown him the same sort of support they are showing OGS then UTD would be in a far better place right now

OGS is the worst UTD manager I have seen - he has zero credentials to be a manager at the highest level , so far out of his depth it’s amusing , it’s brilliant the way he manages to sneak a win every now and then to keep him going. He acts like he believes he is the reincarnation of Ferguson when talking to the media. I hope he stays for as long as he possibly can

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good win, cudda shudda been more. Motm shouts from all over the pitch.

Was very surprised how poor Leicester were, having watched them a few times this season. Vardy an Maddison hardly had a touch

Fabinho didnt break sweat, proper intelligent performance.

For Dalglish, they said the first yard was in his head, same for Fab but more in defensive thinking.

D

Deleted member 16999

Klopp getting it spot on about the fixture scheduling in his post match interview! Unfortunately he’s also spot on when he said the TV Companies don’t care.:mad:

D

Deleted member 1740

Klopp getting it spot on about the fixture scheduling in his post match interview! Unfortunately he’s also spot on when he said the TV Companies don’t care.:mad:

Got a link? On Sky Sports it wasn’t very long.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mourinho is a manager who has proven that he can win at the highest level when given the right backing

He does it his way - if the club had shown him the same sort of support they are showing OGS then UTD would be in a far better place right now

OGS is the worst UTD manager I have seen - he has zero credentials to be a manager at the highest level , so far out of his depth it’s amusing , it’s brilliant the way he manages to sneak a win every now and then to keep him going. He acts like he believes he is the reincarnation of Ferguson when talking to the media. I hope he stays for as long as he possibly can

And that's my point, he wasn't backed!
I also don't think they are showing OGS the support they should.
As I said earlier, they'll show support to qualify for the ECL ......................... and that's about it.
We should have got Haaland, but Woodward wouldn't pay his agent's demanded fees.
We should also have got Sancho but got Cavani instead ................ for free ................. plus huge agent's fees.
We are desperate for a CD, a CDM and a right winger. We got Cavani, Telles and Van Der Beek!
Good players they may well be, but not the players required.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
But when OGS mentions it he's a moaner. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let's be clear here. OGS is a poor manager. Absolutely not fit for the office he holds. But...

He's 100% right here. The scheduling is awful and quite frankly nobody is going to listen to the managers of the lesser teams, so the likes of Pep, OGS and Klopp have to keep repeating themselves. It's madness.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We were the dogs ball’s tonight, controlled the game from the 1st whistle and restricted Leicester to very little.

Im not sure if they play 3/5 at the back normally, but if they dont I think that was a step back by Brendan Rodgers.

When they went flat 4, they pushed on us more, pressed us higher and had more of the ball, but too late on this occasion. By then we were two up, and could then potentially pick them off more. So many good performances by us, no-one really had a bad game, everyone stepped up.

D

Deleted member 1740

But when OGS mentions it he's a moaner. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can remember Benitez was called the same after we’d played away in Turkey on the weds night only to play Portsmouth on the Saturday 12:30.

I’ve just seen the post match press conference that sky never showed. He makes very valid points.

What pishes me off is why didn’t Sky show it.?? Maybe it doesn’t fit with their agenda.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great win for the Reds .
But was a bit disappointed with Rodgers tactics.
They have worked this season up to now.
But we stopped them playing. Was expecting a tough game.
Thought Jota was brilliant.
Nice for Bobby to score but that’s not really his strength.
Would like to see more of all four playing up front with him setting them up.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Let's be clear here. OGS is a poor manager. Absolutely not fit for the office he holds. But...

He's 100% right here. The scheduling is awful and quite frankly nobody is going to listen to the managers of the lesser teams, so the likes of Pep, OGS and Klopp have to keep repeating themselves. It's madness.
Teams in Europe have always had this problem.
Looks like they are just moaning .
But this season what they are saying is coming true.
Players are going down like flies with muscle injury’s.
It shows how little clout they have .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Until those that own/run the clubs have the same view/agenda as the managers then its just hot air. Was hot air from Fergie, from Wenger, from Mourinho and it is from the current lot when the clubs are engineering for more far flung games that earn them more money. They either care or they dont and until their actions show they actually care then they cant complain about others imo

D

Deleted member 1740

Until those that own/run the clubs have the same view/agenda as the managers then its just hot air. Was hot air from Fergie, from Wenger, from Mourinho and it is from the current lot when the clubs are engineering for more far flung games that earn them more money. They either care or they dont and until their actions show they actually care then they cant complain about others imo

Let's be honest no managers or coaches love going on pre season missions around the globe, they have to to fulfil sponsorship deals unfortunately.

In a standard season i'd agree.

This season is different though. They've barely had a pre season. International games 3 days before the season kicked off. 3 Stupid friendlies in the last fortnight, It really is Pathetic.

The next lot of TV fixtures spread out over crazy times is madness.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Let's be honest no managers or coaches love going on pre season missions around the globe, they have to to fulfil sponsorship deals unfortunately.

In a standard season i'd agree.

This season is different though. They've barely had a pre season. International games 3 days before the season kicked off. 3 Stupid friendlies in the last fortnight, It really is Pathetic.

The next lot of TV fixtures spread out over crazy times is madness.

nah i dont buy it mate, if clubs had acted differently over the last 10+ years id agree, but they havent, none of them, if they cant do the right thing every other year they cant use circumstances this year as the excuse. They all do what is best for the bottom line/club not the players and their welfare, complain when they dont get their way. Not to mention not supporting other clubs when their players are suffering or they have too many games

until they actually show some decency when its not only in their clubs benefit then ultimately its bs

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
nah i dont buy it mate, if clubs had acted differently over the last 10+ years id agree, but they havent, none of them, if they cant do the right thing every other year they cant use circumstances this year as the excuse. They all do what is best for the bottom line/club not the players and their welfare, complain when they dont get their way. Not to mention not supporting other clubs when their players are suffering or they have too many games

until they actually show some decency when its not only in their clubs benefit then ultimately its bs

Its not the clubs, its the Premier league that are the problem along with the telly companies.

They should have a clause put in the next deal that says that a team cant play a league game less than 65 hours after a midweek European game. It's only happened now and again, but some clubs have played Thursday saturday and thats just plain wrong.

At least for the first half of the season the telly companies know who is in what competition and what night they are playing, and with games from Friday to Monday night a possibility, they can still pick their live games accordingly. For fairness you cant let the individual clubs dictate when they play, but there should be a minimum number of hours between fixtures.

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its not the clubs, its the Premier league that are the problem along with the telly companies.

They should have clause put in the next deal that says that a team cant play a league game less than 65 hours after a midweek European game. It's only happened now and again, but some clubs have played Thursday saturday and thats just plain wrong.

At least for the first half of the season the telly companies know who is in what competition and what night they are playing, and with games from Friday to Monday night a possibility, they can still pick their live games accordingly. For fairness you cant let the individual clubs dictate when they play, but there should be a minimum number of hours between fixtures.

lol the clubs arent negotiating for a european super league, didnt demand more games in the early stages on the CL, arent going on well paid pre season jollies to the far east? yeah its not their fault lets blame the PL for choosing which days they play on tv. as i said, until they help themselves, stop blaming everyone else (but they will continue to)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
lol the clubs arent negotiating for a european super league, didnt demand more games in the early stages on the CL, arent going on well paid pre season jollies to the far east? yeah its not their fault lets blame the PL for choosing which days they play on tv. as i said, until they help themselves, stop blaming everyone else (but they will continue to)

I'm not saying the're innocent either.

ALL fixtures need to be looked at from international games down to CL/Europa, league and cups.

Maybe in isolation I'm just saying that teams shouldnt have to play 2 games within 48 hours.

Last edited: