The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

lol they wanted to give it to Rooney and he didnt even want an interview, not hard to see why with how the fans reacted to Benitez and now the likelihood of Pereira

love to know what Everton fans think Lampard will bring to the table between now and May

Relegation hopefully ????

D

Deleted member 16999

Problem is if you stay up its going to take time. Probably 5yrs of continuous investment,good management in the transfer market and a bit of luck.

I genuinely believe the fans expectations need to be lowered short term.
Totally agree mate, fan base is also very toxic at the moment, whoever they choose will be unpopular with some.

If Ferguson had got it until end of season and we go down, they’ll blame Benitez and say nobody could of kept us up, just got to hope if they bring someone new in, we get the new manager “bounce” and at least stay up and start again next season.

D

Deleted member 15344

I genuinely believe he’d get more respect than the other idiot (pereira) and maybe we need a change from Big Duncs pure emotion.

A young British manager with nothing to lose suits me.

What’s the issue with Pereira ?

D

Deleted member 1740

5/1 a bet?

shame theres so many bad sides this year lol

Looking at their fixtures they've gotta play leicester twice, newcastle twice, watford away aswell as all the big boys.

If they get 12points in the next 10 games they've done well.

5/1 is a cracking bet

D

Deleted member 1740

Totally agree mate, fan base is also very toxic at the moment, whoever they choose will be unpopular with some.

If Ferguson had got it until end of season and we go down, they’ll blame Benitez and say nobody could of kept us up, just got to hope if they bring someone new in, we get the new manager “bounce” and at least stay up and start again next season.

Yeah and it has been for a long time.

They see everything through the prism of LFC.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yup, hes top top top class for me, think hes a complete midfielder now too not just a defensive mid. Think there will be an auction for him in the summer tbh, dont think hes available this January, pretty sure theres not a side in the prem who wouldnt be better for having him, despite how Phil rates Fabinho lol
Yep - don’t see him being better than Fabinho and I would also look at Bellingham if we were bringing someone in for the middle of the park

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looking at their fixtures they've gotta play leicester twice, newcastle twice, watford away aswell as all the big boys.

If they get 12points in the next 10 games they've done well.

5/1 is a cracking bet

12 points might be all they need to stay up over 18 games, real chance you dont need much over 30 points this year, hard to see any of the sides below them getting close to a point a game by end of the seaosn

D

Deleted member 1740

12 points might be all they need to stay up over 18 games, real chance you dont need much over 30 points this year, hard to see any of the sides below them getting close to a point a game by end of the seaosn

Do yer reckon??

I thought 38pts will be needed for safety.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I haven't done research to back it up, but I reckon most relegation battled teams get more second half, once they start facing the teams coastimg to a safe mid table finish they get a little boost.

I reckon bottom comfortably below 30. But reckon you're looking at 35/6 for safety.

D

Deleted member 1740

(games/pts)
Burnley 18/12
Watford 20/12
Newcastle 21/15
Norwich 22/16

for 2 of them to get to a point a game be a big achievement for me, Brentford currently 14th with a point a game!!!

Burnley have 15 games in hand ??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's 44.

We went down on 42, seared in every west ham fans brain.

What a team aswell.. Carrick, Defoe, cole, kanoute .. Di Canio .. Sinclair , David James, glen Johnson towards the end .. even brought in Les Ferdinand and Lee bowyer

Mental how they went down .. even did the double over chelsea

D

Deleted member 15344

I’d be happy with Lampard tbh, knows the PL, had Chelsea 4th when he was sacked, gave youth a chance because of the transfer ban and played a decent style of football.
738E86DD-2F82-434E-A896-658D024825B3.jpeg

I’m amazed that another Prem team is going near him

D

Deleted member 1740

Everton need a new manager, but let’s bring your lot into it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately its true,they're obsessed with us. The demo outside Goodison the other night? Protesting against the owners and they start singing about Liverpool??