The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Certainly not a Son fan!
Good footballer, but an absolutely awful cheat with a real nasty streak, one of the very worst.

I'm with you here, when he tripped Gomez and everyone was like oh but it's son he didn't mean it i was fed up of people sticking up for him. He has a real nasty streak. Stamped on Snodgrass sly style, sent off for pushing against Bournemouth. He's pure snide

Don't get me wrong he is a very skilful and good player but people try and kid themselves that he isnt a dirty sod

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
No it wasn't I was being sarcastic, as some man u fans seemed to think that Mo's was a dive, so thought i'd save them a job. :cool:
Not necessarily a dive Pete just the faintest of touches and he crumples up like he’s been poleaxed.
Anyway justice was done.
We all have them and imo its pretty sad the refs fall for these soft pens.
Head injuries now are stopping the game far to often because players are playing on it purely because refs now have to stop the game for a head injury.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see Watford are trying to get Dennis out of the Afcon on a technicality, why do i think they wont be the last lol
This, not your post ?, and the bi-annual whine about this tournament irritates me every time. When you buy a player who qualifies to play in this tournament you know the score before you buy them. This isn't new, it has been happening for years. Suck it up clubs, factor it in, stop whingeing.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This, not your post ?, and the bi-annual whine about this tournament irritates me every time. When you buy a player who qualifies to play in this tournament you know the score before you buy them. This isn't new, it has been happening for years. Suck it up clubs, factor it in, stop whingeing.

Arsenal fans not that fussed this year lol, Aubam, Pepe and Partey, 2 not in the side and the other one not overly rated by the fans. August they thought it would be the end of the world......

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not necessarily a dive Pete just the faintest of touches and he crumples up like he’s been poleaxed.
Anyway justice was done.
We all have them and imo its pretty sad the refs fall for these soft pens.
Head injuries now are stopping the game far to often because players are playing on it purely because refs now have to stop the game for a head injury.

The Salah pen, like the Son one was one of the easiest pens to give in months.

You really are beyond help, does your bias even make things up nowadays - you need to get some tablets.

They were both cast iron penalties.

I'm seriously thinking of adding to my ignore list. for 8 years on here I could have a conversation with you on here, whats changed? Liverpool just better than your team now, so you make crap up. Lifes too short.....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Salah pen, like the Son one was one of the easiest pens to give in months.

You really are beyond help, does your bias even make things up nowadays - you need to get some tablets.

They were both cast iron penalties.

In the modern game it is a penalty, but boy he goes down mighty easy for someone we keep being told is so strong and ripped lol, not a chance the contact caused him to go down but the fact there is contact and he chose to go down all it needs these days

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In the modern game it is a penalty, but boy he goes down mighty easy for someone we keep being told is so strong and ripped lol, not a chance the contact caused him to go down but the fact there is contact and he chose to go down all it needs these days

I thought the foul was more than enough for him to go down. There is even a massive amount of stupidity by the guy fouling him, as there was aven cover there - he dived in, took the man, didnt take the ball - pen all day long, even years ago.

Mane tried to stand up (unusually) 2-3 times last year and didnt get pens when he should have. Refs are that bad, if you dont go down you get nothing. I hate it that they have to, but refs are not helping themselves by this.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

There is an exception to this IMO

for example when we signed haller he was a french striker... when he left he was ivory coast lol

almost happened with diop aswell .. now he is currently french but does qualify for Morocco through his mum and Senegal through his dad... say at start of season he had declared for either of them and been off.. back then might not have seemed an issue but now... he may be 4th choice CB but right now he is starting due to zouma and ogbonna being injured

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Mane tried to stand up (unusually) 2-3 times last year and didnt get pens when he should have. Refs are that bad, if you dont go down you get nothing. I hate it that they have to, but refs are not helping themselves by this.

I hate it, but I agree with you.

We lost to Arsenal a few years back after Jarvis tried to get a shot away after being taken out it bobbled 2 foot. no pen given. Manager was furious. The problem is it's so bad, the faster players a la Mane and Salah can run and plant their leg in an unnatural position waiting for contact, almost forcing it. It's actually a skill.

A skill which ruins football for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is an exception to this IMO

for example when we signed haller he was a french striker... when he left he was ivory coast lol

almost happened with diop aswell .. now he is currently french but does qualify for Morocco through his mum and Senegal through his dad... say at start of season he had declared for either of them and been off.. back then might not have seemed an issue but now... he may be 4th choice CB but right now he is starting due to zouma and ogbonna being injured
Happy to give you that. I can't get my head around people who swap like that, in any sport.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Happy to give you that. I can't get my head around people who swap like that, in any sport.

its odd yes but then Rice has done it... but then again these nations tap up talent young dont they.. he is born and bread in london.. qualifies for ireland through his grandparents .. allowed to switch to england (thankfully for england!)

seem to remember Zaha did it due to fed up of not getting in england team

Haller done it because he nowhere near france level

Grealish and Rice did it to try and win something as opposed to not being quiet good enough for the team they qualify for

but then rice and grealish with their thick london and brummy accents are defo irish lol

bit like Antonio and Jamaica (has really not helped us) decided he isnt good enough for england and wants international football.. so I know im 31 (almost 32) rather than prolong my career and protect my glass hamstrings ill jet off to the otherside the world lol

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

michail-antonio-of-england-poses-on-august-29-2016-in-burton-upon-picture-id597891000

50583953-0-image-a-131_1637108579659.jpg