The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
wasnt really talking about you defensively, more about how hard it is for a new player to make an impact in a squad where theres already 2+ world class players in most positions (as grealish has found out), only out and out striker and left back where currently it feels like someone could make a big impact quickly at city. youll clearly buy another left back in january and/or the summer, if hes good enough cancelo will go back to being a right back in the main. footballs a squad game and having guys who can play in multiple positions makes it easier for sure though

but lets be honest, you shipped 3 against leicester at the weekend, theres room for improvement at the back ;)

ironically probably the worst defender was Diaz. Reason being if he gets another yellow,He is banned for a game. I watched him and those tackles ? that stop play. Similar to what Fernandinho does. He couldn’t do them. He was the closest I have seen to Maguire all season he was that bad ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Replace months with years and I agree. So many natural attributes but seems to be coasting through his career imo.

He’s frustrating to watch in the extreme. I’ve said it here many times, but he’s hugely overrated. If any club came in with an offer worth looking at United should get rid.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He’s frustrating to watch in the extreme. I’ve said it here many times, but he’s hugely overrated. If any club came in with an offer worth looking at United should get rid.
I once watched him rip City apart using his pace, but I did think he needed to be coached more.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I once watched him rip City apart using his pace, but I did think he needed to be coached more.

Problem is, Tash, his pace really is his only asset. His decision making is atrocious and, much as he is (or rather, was) capable of the extraordinary, he really doesn’t do the ordinary all that well much of the time.

There have been excuses made for him that he has had injuries, but all footballers have them and play through them. If he’s fit enough to play, he’s fit enough. I once heard a Premier League player, I forget who, say that he hardly ever played when he wasn’t carrying some niggle or other.

Rashford would not start at City, Liverpool or Chelsea. I really don’t understand the fascination, other than he is home grown.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem is, Tash, his pace really is his only asset. His decision making is atrocious and, much as he is (or rather, was) capable of the extraordinary, he really doesn’t do the ordinary all that well much of the time.

There have been excuses made for him that he has had injuries, but all footballers have them and play through them. If he’s fit enough to play, he’s fit enough. I once heard a Premier League player, I forget who, say that he hardly ever played when he wasn’t carrying some niggle or other.

Rashford would not start at City, Liverpool or Chelsea. I really don’t understand the fascination, other than he is home grown.
We've discussed him before, but I agree. He's fast and has a cute trick in the locker, but can't really finish and doesn't create much either. Overrated. I'm sure he'll end up with a midtable side.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Thats a terrible dive by Son for the penalty. Shocking.
That was the only Penalty today
Mo went over an imaginary leg
The Palace guy kicked the ball against a blocking leg and somehow the force of the block made him fall to the ground
The West Ham guy placed his leg under a keeper diving on the ball

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dear god man you nearly went on ignore ??
Ha ha. Apparently Chelsea are sniffing about after Chilwell was ruled out for the season so maybe they can fill our coffers ?. They still pay daft money every now and again ?

We need to do a bit of book balancing still, FFP. Personally I think we should employ Barcelona's accountants. Near bankrupt one day, buying a £50m strike the next ?‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha ha. Apparently Chelsea are sniffing about after Chilwell was ruled out for the season so maybe they can fill our coffers ?. They still pay daft money every now and again ?

We need to do a bit of book balancing still, FFP. Personally I think we should employ Barcelona's accountants. Near bankrupt one day, buying a £50m strike the next ?‍♂️

I'd love him!! Cresswell is knocking on a bit .. we need replacement we will offer £20 plus a packet of McCoys?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd love him!! Cresswell is knocking on a bit .. we need replacement we will offer £20 plus a packet of McCoys?
Salt and vinegar? If so, you're on ?.

He is a very good player but something has gone wrong. Better to take the money rather than have an expensive player in the stands, unhappy in training etc.