The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
its odd yes but then Rice has done it... but then again these nations tap up talent young dont they.. he is born and bread in london.. qualifies for ireland through his grandparents .. allowed to switch to england (thankfully for england!)

seem to remember Zaha did it due to fed up of not getting in england team

Haller done it because he nowhere near france level

Grealish and Rice did it to try and win something as opposed to not being quiet good enough for the team they qualify for

but then rice and grealish with their thick london and brummy accents are defo irish lol

bit like Antonio and Jamaica (has really not helped us) decided he isnt good enough for england and wants international football.. so I know im 31 (almost 32) rather than prolong my career and protect my glass hamstrings ill jet off to the otherside the world lol
I'd want to feel pride when playing for my country, it shouldn't be a business decision. The rules in most sports are embarrassing on this front now.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd want to feel pride when playing for my country, it shouldn't be a business decision. The rules in most sports are embarrassing on this front now.

Its the one thing I respect Mark Noble for

he captained england u21s to the euros finals wasnt it? scoring 2 pens in a shoot out (someone was sent off) and we still didnt win lol

However he refused call up to the Ireland squad (a few times im told) as he didnt feel right playing for them as he saw himself as english not irish

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well that’s why they have dates I suppose.
So they might be successful but that’s not good for his international future.

I remember when we had Sakho at our club and he pulled out of the ACON injured (bad back) but something like week or so later he played for us and Senegal tried to get him banned for playing for us during the ACON.. even though the doctors had said he wasnt fit to fly and we had to drive him (not on the coach) to the game so he was fit to play

he was a very odd one tho.. looked great for us when fit but after he left he has done nothing in his entire career and before us he was just some french league 2 player

just seemed to be right club right time

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Salah pen, like the Son one was one of the easiest pens to give in months.

You really are beyond help, does your bias even make things up nowadays - you need to get some tablets.

They were both cast iron penalties.

I'm seriously thinking of adding to my ignore list. for 8 years on here I could have a conversation with you on here, whats changed? Liverpool just better than your team now, so you make crap up. Lifes too short.....
Lifes too short?
It takes 10 minutes to have a debate
Bias? I’ve said we all have them.
Cast iron penalty? You wouldn’t go down if someone touch you in the street that soft, his legs crumple,it’s just ridiculous.
Yes worse than you and have been for ages and it will continue for a while yet.

4LEX

Visit site
Problem is, Tash, his pace really is his only asset. His decision making is atrocious and, much as he is (or rather, was) capable of the extraordinary, he really doesn’t do the ordinary all that well much of the time.

There have been excuses made for him that he has had injuries, but all footballers have them and play through them. If he’s fit enough to play, he’s fit enough. I once heard a Premier League player, I forget who, say that he hardly ever played when he wasn’t carrying some niggle or other.

Rashford would not start at City, Liverpool or Chelsea. I really don’t understand the fascination, other than he is home grown.

I've always rated and defended Rashford as he has put his body through the pain to bail Ole out for years but he's been woeful this season since his return. Almost as bad as playing with 10 men type of bad. No touch, can't beat anyone, can't make simple passes and dire finishing.

His pace and workrate which was what set him apart has vanished. He's also only got one position and that's as a left forward in a 433 or 4231. Utd will surely ditch the horrendous new formation or play Ronaldo and Cavani as the front two for a few games in a bid to save it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How is that not a red for rudiger?
I think just far enough away from Lamptey to get away with it. Reckless and out of control though so had it been red there could have been little argument. It could have been unpleasant.

I know Clattenburg loved himself as a ref but he is far better as the ref in the studio than Peter Walton. Is Walton on BT? I don't have bt but I have been elsewhere and watched games and it's the only other channel I can think of who might have him. They collect rubbish pundits

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think just far enough away from Lamptey to get away with it. Reckless and out of control though so had it been red there could have been little argument. It could have been unpleasant.

I know Clattenburg loved himself as a ref but he is far better as the ref in the studio than Peter Walton. Is Walton on BT?

Theyre both horrific, just try and justify the onfield decision all the time. Clattenburg described that as a slide! He clearly jumped!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Theyre both horrific, just try and justify the onfield decision all the time. Clattenburg described that as a slide! He clearly jumped!!!
I heard Clattenburg the other day, can't remember the game, and he actually stated the ref got it wrong. It took me back but good to hear.

I agree, it wasn't a slide, it was a 2 footed jump.

D

Deleted member 1740

Do you think the Chelsea game is your PL season. Should you lose do you think you could still make the gap back to City even with the games in hand?

The next game after a horrid performance and defeat is always a six pointer so to speak. With Covid ripping through squads this season you can't write anything off.

It's tough ask but whilst its possible i'll believe.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The next game after a horrid performance and defeat is always a six pointer so to speak. With Covid ripping through squads this season you can't write anything off.

It's tough ask but whilst its possible i'll believe.
Was it a horrid performance? Controlled possession but just so poor in the box and seemed panicked in front of goal. Chelsea are definitely gettable

D

Deleted member 1740

Was it a horrid performance? Controlled possession but just so poor in the box and seemed panicked in front of goal. Chelsea are definitely gettable

For me yes. Not seen it back neither.

That pen goes in and its a different game/result. It never and whilst we had a couple of really good chances and shouldve won we never put the ball in back of the net.

For me, certain players underperformed and Klopps subs were awful.