The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
really tough to fire a shot when you have 3 options in each position lol, arguable whether both are even in your best XI!!!!
Foden yes, Grealish. By his own admission needs to step up. Some Older City fans think Grealish is in a similar situation to when City signed Rodney Marsh Decades ago. A bit of a distraction. That said I cannot remember one City signing who has had doubters in there first season Or so. Stones, both Silvas, Cancelo, Sane, Gundoghan, Ederson. mind you he had it easy following on from Bravo. ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Foden yes, Grealish. By his own admission needs to step up. Some Older City fans think Grealish is in a similar situation to when City signed Rodney Marsh Decades ago. A bit of a distraction. That said I cannot remember one City signing who has had doubters in there first season Or so. Stones, both Silvas, Cancelo, Sane, Gundoghan, Ederson. mind you he had it easy following on from Bravo. ?

thats the problem when you have a massive squad and add a couple more as money is no object, very hard for players to improve on what you already have unless they fill an obvious gap. obviously youll find another 50m down the back of the sofa for another attempt at finding a left back in january and if theyll let you 100m+ for a striker. outside those 2 spots very hard for anyone, even at 100m, to come in and improve what you have bar in depth terms!

Tashyboy

Visit site
thats the problem when you have a massive squad and add a couple more as money is no object, very hard for players to improve on what you already have unless they fill an obvious gap. obviously youll find another 50m down the back of the sofa for another attempt at finding a left back in january and if theyll let you 100m+ for a striker. outside those 2 spots very hard for anyone, even at 100m, to come in and improve what you have bar in depth terms!
I think the starting LB is now Cancelo. Very odd coz he really did look like he was on his way out. He was more or less a swop for Danilo. Young Kev aka Zinchenko has played well covering at lb but the last few games I think he has been very poor.
myself, I am trying to enjoy the last 18 months of Pep at City. He’s not done bad seeing as he was tipped to leave after a couple of years.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think the starting LB is now Cancelo. Very odd coz he really did look like he was on his way out. He was more or less a swop for Danilo. Young Kev aka Zinchenko has played well covering at lb but the last few games I think he has been very poor.
myself, I am trying to enjoy the last 18 months of Pep at City. He’s not done bad seeing as he was tipped to leave after a couple of years.

Cancelo still a right back though isnt he, only covering left back cos the boss doesnt fancy Zinchenko defensively and the last LB you paid 50m for is currently awaiting trial whilst Walker can do a job at RB when you have 80+% possession

Tashyboy

Visit site
Cancelo still a right back though isnt he, only covering left back cos the boss doesnt fancy Zinchenko defensively and the last LB you paid 50m for is currently awaiting trial whilst Walker can do a job at RB when you have 80+% possession
It’s odd talking about City defensively when so much focus has been on a free scoring City team. Here we are halfway through the season and we have the best defence in the league. Diaz is the main reason for that. Even Stones alongside look like Maldini. Again Laporte looked on his way out and is playing regular football again. The lb and rb spots are Walkers and Cancelos spot. Mendy is history, al Talk about him at a later date.Suffice to say he made Ballotelli look intelligent. Mendy spent to much time playing up to social media than focusing on football.
Walker like Stones has been excellent for the last couple of seasons.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s odd talking about City defensively when so much focus has been on a free scoring City team. Here we are halfway through the season and we have the best defence in the league. Diaz is the main reason for that. Even Stones alongside look like Maldini. Again Laporte looked on his way out and is playing regular football again. The lb and rb spots are Walkers and Cancelos spot. Mendy is history, al Talk about him at a later date.Suffice to say he made Ballotelli look intelligent. Mendy spent to much time playing up to social media than focusing on football.
Walker like Stones has been excellent for the last couple of seasons.

wasnt really talking about you defensively, more about how hard it is for a new player to make an impact in a squad where theres already 2+ world class players in most positions (as grealish has found out), only out and out striker and left back where currently it feels like someone could make a big impact quickly at city. youll clearly buy another left back in january and/or the summer, if hes good enough cancelo will go back to being a right back in the main. footballs a squad game and having guys who can play in multiple positions makes it easier for sure though

but lets be honest, you shipped 3 against leicester at the weekend, theres room for improvement at the back ;)