The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
One for @Piece and any other Watford fans. Will Claudio make it until February? The results are bad, are the performances enough to save him? The owners aren't known for their patience, does he have long?

Any knowledgeable Watford fan will tell you the owners must invest in quality defenders. We’ve been crying out for years for this. Our lot just hoof the ball so there’s no opportunity for the midfield to build play. But on occasions we play very well; Everton, Villa and Man U games.

We are seeing Fulham Ranieri not the Leicester one. I want to see more emphasis on playing through the midfield. West Ham aren‘t the only ones to give us a lesson this season. Today, Noble was made to look like prime Iniesta and Wham were too good for us. He will last but performances must improve and I’m not sure CR70 has made any difference versus Xisco.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any knowledgeable Watford fan will tell you the owners must invest in quality defenders. We’ve been crying out for years for this. Our lot just hoof the ball so there’s no opportunity for the midfield to build play. But on occasions we play very well; Everton, Villa and Man U games.

We are seeing Fulham Ranieri not the Leicester one. I want to see more emphasis on playing through the midfield. West Ham aren‘t the only ones to give us a lesson this season. Today, Noble was made to look like prime Iniesta and Wham were too good for us. He will last but performances must improve and I’m not sure CR70 has made any difference versus Xisco.

If noble can keep up with the pace of the game you know the teams in trouble ...

He played well but a lot of that was lack of pressing him

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
If noble can keep up with the pace of the game you know the teams in trouble ...

He played well but a lot of that was lack of pressing him

Exactly. I kept saying there’s no pressure from us and Noble is able to ”Pirlo” the game. When he’s controlling the game the other, more talented ones, have a field day. Bowen was excellent.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly. I kept saying there’s no pressure from us and Noble is able to ”Pirlo” the game. When he’s controlling the game the other, more talented ones, have a field day. Bowen was excellent.

Bowen needs to play for England , he is outstanding

His work rate is second only to rice and he really is a constant outlet

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bowen needs to play for England , he is outstanding

His work rate is second only to rice and he really is a constant outlet
Agreed. He's been consistently good all season. He never hides, he's full of energy and he constantly attacks the oppo and makes life uncomfortable for them.
I wonder if there are any other players like him we can pilfer from the championship?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agreed. He's been consistently good all season. He never hides, he's full of energy and he constantly attacks the oppo and makes life uncomfortable for them.
I wonder if their are any other players like him we can pilfer from the championship?

think hes one of several good players in those positions this year, Gallagher and Smith Rowe both had excellent seasons so far too and pressing for selection, fully expect Southgate to pick those in possession still