The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
have to admit I used to be against 5 subs thinking it benefits the big teams more but with all these games being crammed in it would make sense to bring back to help manage fitness

watford already had to make 2 of their 3 subs today with injury

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to admit I still dont understand how VAR works fully

we just got a pen (rightly) they reviewed the pen and was a pen pretty quick but then they check was antonio onside when he got the ball.. did he cross it from in the pitch (not off for a goal kick) etc etc

however the ref had given a corner.. so if they had deemed it not a pen (ie dont even review your decision) it would have been a corner regardless?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How on earth was that a foul?? Forster has had an absolute howler and the ref has bailed him out!!

was it kasper few weeks ago? similar situation , they came out with something like if a keeper has any part of a hand on the ball and is knocked its a foul as its "under control" something like that

i mean its consistent.. but complete rubbish thats not a foul

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
was it kasper few weeks ago? similar situation , they came out with something like if a keeper has any part of a hand on the ball and is knocked its a foul as its "under control" something like that

i mean its consistent.. but complete rubbish thats not a foul
It was a joke, Doherty jumps for a header, Forster fumbles it under the slightest contact and backheels it in his own net. Ref spared his blushes big time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
refs having a mare

watford defender pushes antonio into another watford player and gives the foul against him

not 2 mins after the same defender holds him so he cant run

should be in the book by now

(posted in the correct thread now lol muppet)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
When did Southampton become the new Stoke? Long clattering our players every two minutes, somehow avoiding a card. Long throws seemingly were the main weapon of attack. Horrible team. Salisu was clumsy as hell, saw his red card coming a mile off, looks an awful clumsy player. Unfortunately we'll probably see the old 'harder to play against ten' adage coming into play now. We've always struggled to break down compact teams.

????

Truly aspiring to be a big club with comments like that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
round of applause for Bowen. 3 assists today (winning pen counts in fantasy football , and a disallowed goal) but that last one... rather than a selfish shot .. sees his team mate (vlasic who is struggling to break into the team..... not hit the ground running since he arrived) open for a tap in... get in

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not good enough. After Southampton's pub league tactics cost them a man we should have kicked on an battered them in the second half. We were unlucky on a few occasions but they're a poor side really and we've not done nearly enough. Not great to watch, and two points lost.

D

Deleted member 18121

When did Spurs players start to throw themselves to the floor - Emerson going down as if shot without being touched , Ali doing the same and and Salisu first yellow shouldn’t haven’t been given due to a handball

I can answer that.... When pochetino took over is the answer. The change was remarkable.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not good enough. After Southampton's pub league tactics cost them a man we should have kicked on an battered them in the second half. We were unlucky on a few occasions but they're a poor side really and we've not done nearly enough. Not great to watch, and two points lost.

Southampton are normally regarded as a team that like to play good football.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
When did Southampton become the new Stoke? Long clattering our players every two minutes, somehow avoiding a card. Long throws seemingly were the main weapon of attack. Horrible team. Salisu was clumsy as hell, saw his red card coming a mile off, looks an awful clumsy player. Unfortunately we'll probably see the old 'harder to play against ten' adage coming into play now. We've always struggled to break down compact teams.
What Southampton should have done is let Spurs have the ball and give them the freedom of the park.
Think your way off to be honest.
Spurs players always throw themselves to the floor.
11vs 11 I think it would have been a better game.
You actually did break them down twice only to be robbed by poor reffing and poor Var decisions.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What Southampton should have done is let Spurs have the ball and give them the freedom of the park.
Think your way off to be honest.
Spurs players always throw themselves to the floor.
11vs 11 I think it would have been a better game.
You actually did break them down twice only to be robbed by poor reffing and poor Var decisions.
There's a difference between not letting someone play and sticking in endless late challenges and clattering players. Yes, red cards often ruin games as it becomes attack against defence. And yeah again, we were robbed of a couple of goals but I still felt we should have done a lot more. So many times our players' touch simply wasn't good enough in the last third.