The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
round of applause for Bowen. 3 assists today (winning pen counts in fantasy football , and a disallowed goal) but that last one... rather than a selfish shot .. sees his team mate (vlasic who is struggling to break into the team..... not hit the ground running since he arrived) open for a tap in... get in
When I photographed West Ham in pre season Bowen was by a mile their best player, I'll admit I'd never heard of him and it was only when I looked him up that I realised he'd cost over £20 million. I've kind of kept an eye on how he's been doing since - thought of watching second half today when I realised games were all on Amazon but the Hammers were already 3-1 up so watched Southampton v Spurs instead - fine point for the Saints with ten men, Spurs had loads of pressure but I don't think big Forster had a save that really stretched him to make.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It does sound like you’re just bitter because you didn’t win.
I've just stated we didn't do enough today, and our players' touch was particularly poor. I was just surprised at the way they chose to play, as like you I thought they were supposed to be a half decent footballing side. That isn't the reason we didn't win.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
There's a difference between not letting someone play and sticking in endless late challenges and clattering players. Yes, red cards often ruin games as it becomes attack against defence. And yeah again, we were robbed of a couple of goals but I still felt we should have done a lot more. So many times our players' touch simply wasn't good enough in the last third.
I watched second half and I've no bias either way - what you saw wasn't at all what it looked like to me

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I photographed West Ham in pre season Bowen was by a mile their best player, I'll admit I'd never heard of him and it was only when I looked him up that I realised he'd cost over £20 million. I've kind of kept an eye on how he's been doing since - thought of watching second half today when I realised games were all on Amazon but the Hammers were already 3-1 up so watched Southampton v Spurs instead - fine point for the Saints with ten men, Spurs had loads of pressure but I don't think big Forster had a save that really stretched him to make.

he should imo be called up for england soon

he was a cracking signing.. moyes first or second i believe.. along with soucek

Rice is our best player but Bowen is our best IMO

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just stated we didn't do enough today, and our players' touch was particularly poor. I was just surprised at the way they chose to play, as like you I thought they were supposed to be a half decent footballing side. That isn't the reason we didn't win.
Hang on, two minutes ago you had no idea how they normally play? ??‍♂️

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't watch the games I said. But from what others say you don't normally hear about them being a pub team do you?
For 30 minutes we outplayed you.

Yes they were hard tackles, but they weren't malicious in anyway. Get up and get on with it.

If it wasn't for our aggressive play, you'd not have got your solitary goal....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For 30 minutes we outplayed you.

Yes they were hard tackles, but they weren't malicious in anyway. Get up and get on with it.

If it wasn't for our aggressive play, you'd not have got your solitary goal....
Yes we were poor but you tried to kick us off the park as well. Always late, always through the back or on the ankles. Very ugly to watch that's all.

We had two more perfectly good goals ruled out so we'll call it even.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yes we were poor but you tried to kick us off the park as well. Always late, always through the back or on the ankles. Very ugly to watch that's all.

We had two more perfectly good goals ruled out so we'll call it even.
Careful, you’re beginning to sound like the GM Liverpool supporters group ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for @Piece and any other Watford fans. Will Claudio make it until February? The results are bad, are the performances enough to save him? The owners aren't known for their patience, does he have long?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One for @Piece and any other Watford fans. Will Claudio make it until February? The results are bad, are the performances enough to save him? The owners aren't known for their patience, does he have long?

When they scored and then were defending well (until we scored) I wondered how are watford down the bottom of the league.. great striker in dennis and defending well... soon as we scored they went to pot and never looked in the game after that

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Manchester Utd have scored 27 goals in the league this season.
Manchester City have scored 23 goals in the league this month ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Read a stat that west ham are in top 6 goals scored and bottom 6 goals conceded

I know we lost 3/4 first choice back like but we do need to replace from back as well as a striker