The course you'd like to play for the rest of your life.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

We've had threads about the best of each type of course, and people have given their thoughts on the best of each. But, if you were limited to only one course, which course would each of you like to play for the rest of your life?
A friend of mine got me thinking about this recently when he said his choice would be Little Aston or Berkshire Red.

For me, of those I've played, I'd choose: West Hill

D

Deleted member 15344

Swinley Forest 🏌🏿‍♂️

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'd love to play Muirfield, but after a while foursomes would be a bore and Western would be my next choice... bu once i retire i wouldn't want to be wearing a shirt and tie to golf every day.

so would have to be Nairn;)

D

Deleted member 1147

In the U.K. id probably agree with Swinley

Outside, probably West Cliffs on the silver coast

Sam, I'm surprised you say Swinley, as I would have thought it would be a bit too short for you to play as a regular game?
No real par 5's to open up your shoulders, & even the par 4's are short iron approaches for me, so must be wedges for you!?!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah it’s the one exception mate. It is very short and goes against my ‘prefer option to play longer holes’ but it’s absolutely incredible.

I did consider Walton Heath or Notts as my answer because of the option to play a course at 7400

D

Deleted member 18588

Gullane No:1

Played it many times and never bored. Plus I have terrific personal memories.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've had threads about the best of each type of course, and people have given their thoughts on the best of each. But, if you were limited to only one course, which course would each of you like to play for the rest of your life?
A friend of mine got me thinking about this recently when he said his choice would be Little Aston or Berkshire Red.

For me, of those I've played, I'd choose: West Hill

Good question.....For me it’d be Formby. Serene, scoreable, good mix of holes, I just love the place.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure I have found that perfect course yet. The one that springs to mind, one that I have always come away from smiling, is Knaresborough GC so for the moment I will go with that.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If its a course that I've played then I'd select North Berwick. Always have fun playing there no matter how I play.

If its a course I haven't played I'd select Sweetens Cove. Looks like a real nice 9 holer with lots of variety.