The course you'd like to play for the rest of your life.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Got same plan... somewhere on that coast... might be Saunton, or Bude, (less good course but nice town) St E or Trevose!

So a few of us Forummers down there then sooner rather than later! Pokerjoke will finally get some friends!!! 😉😂😂😂

D

Deleted member 17920

The West Links at North Berwick

A proper members club that has the most enjoyable course in the world for me.

Played it a fair few times now with IanG and every time I have played it I haven’t wanted the round to end, such a fun course and I just love the town as well and having the beach next door is a real bonus as well.

I could never be bored hacking it round NB.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's no longer open, it was the mighty Monte Mayor.

logo-header2.png

D

Deleted Member 1156

The West Links at North Berwick

A proper members club that has the most enjoyable course in the world for me.

Played it a fair few times now with IanG and every time I have played it I haven’t wanted the round to end, such a fun course and I just love the town as well and having the beach next door is a real bonus as well.

I could never be bored hacking it round NB.
Sums up North Berwick perfectly.........FUN!!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Genuinely wouldn't be too bothered about what course I was on, if I was playing golf every day for the rest of my life.

A few, fairly basic criteria;

* front 9 finishes somewhere near the clubhouse, for when you just fancy a quick 9
* in decent nick - doesn't have to be immaculate, just well maintained by guys who take pride in their work
* not crazy busy
* walkable course a good flow, some undulations but no heart attack hills
* not feel surrounded by the town / city on all sides. i.e. feel that you are out in the country, even if you aren't

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any of the 3 courses at Gleneagles the place just grows on you and the practice facilities are second to none so it has everything a golfer needs and some of the best food on offer for miles.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Legacy in Bradenton FL. Nice weather, tough but fair golf course, alligators, vultures, red neck cranes, black snakes, armadillos, just a fun place to play.

Oh, or Swinley, like so many others. Or Hankley.

Nearer to home, Berkhamstead. I love my track, but I could grow old round Burko quite happily. It is just nice. Not long, not hard, just nice. Would suit an older golfer.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well I guess I'm obviously going to grow older, I'm going to start hitting it shorter, I'm going to start to struggle with longer holes and longer walks.

I'm still going to want to have fun, I'm still going to want salt air and challenging winds, and most importantly I want to play with a smile on my face.

All things considered I'm going to go for a very left field choice - unlike me! 😉

Dunaverty Golf Club.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Heritage Harbor in Tampa. Because then I would be in lovely warm weather living near friends and loving the American sport dream.
Over here, I'll go with Pyrford because I have so many friends there and love the course.