The course you'd like to play for the rest of your life.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Difficult one to answer. Personally, if it was just one club for life, would prefer somewhere with two courses, and a lot of sunshine. If it was just one course for life, needs to be somewhere warm. Still on my bucket list to play, but Isle aux Cerfs is the one that springs to mind for me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Difficult one to answer. Personally, if it was just one club for life, would prefer somewhere with two courses, and a lot of sunshine. If it was just one course for life, needs to be somewhere warm. Still on my bucket list to play, but Isle aux Cerfs is the one that springs to mind for me.

No accommodation on the island though so you're taking a short boat trip every time you play too :unsure:

Fantastic design & variation of holes though and superb fairways all year round (& the 18th has two permanent greens so you can mix up your finish each time)

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would like to play Liphook but would probably end up in an institution putting on those greens!
Played at a nice course in Palm Springs, which had beautiful views of the mountains - would never get bored of those views

D

Deleted member 15344

I would never want to play just one course forever. I would soon lose interest in golf if that was the case.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think the point of the thread has gone flying over your head

D

Deleted member 15717

Well, this is a difficult topic, and I feel guilty for selecting just one course.

I think Druid's Glen would be the choice...but I keep changing my mind

D

Deleted member 1147

I would never want to play just one course forever. I would soon lose interest in golf if that was the case.

So what you're saying is, rather than get to play one great course for the rest of your life, you'd just the game up?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what you're saying is, rather than get to play one great course for the rest of your life, you'd just the game up?
Eventually I would get bored of it, yeah. I mean it might take a month, six months, but eventually I would get sick of playing the same course over and over and lose interest altogether.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wolf Creek.
It's something else isn't it!? Played it a few years back when a mate got married in Vegas and we had to do it, awesome although the fact you can't step off the pristine grass onto the desert areas to play your shot annoyed me!! Fantastic course and staff

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hhmmm... there are no small number of courses I’d be happy to play for the rest of my life, but to be a member of a club entails so much more than just the golf. For that reason I’d be happy to stay where I am. 🙂👍

If pushed for a course only then probably Banff Springs.

D

Deleted member 1147

Eventually I would get bored of it, yeah. I mean it might take a month, six months, but eventually I would get sick of playing the same course over and over and lose interest altogether.

Good job we're not on a snooker forum, I can just imagine your posts on there!

"hmm, I like the Riley tables, but eventually I'd get bored of the straight edges!"

D

Deleted member 17920

You just haven’t played a course you’ve fell in love with yet.

Give it time. Once you play the top ones you may just see why.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good job we're not on a snooker forum, I can just imagine your posts on there!

"hmm, I like the Riley tables, but eventually I'd get bored of the straight edges!"
All snooker tables are the same though... all golf courses are not the same. I don't see the analogy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Then you haven’t played the right courses or you’re aren’t obsessed by the game like most of us are on here

But the question was “IF you only could “ - not would you still play if you could only play one course

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
every golf course is different every time you play it
For a limited time, yes.

Then you haven’t played the right courses or you’re aren’t obsessed by the game like most of us are on here

But the question was “IF you only could “ - not would you still play if you could only play one course
Yes, the question is what course would you play if you were only limited to one course, my answer was that there isn't one. :p

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Usually I would say the Old Course all day long, BUT the wife and I have both said that we could happily relocate to Croyde/Braunton and I'm sure we'll end up there at some point.

So as I'm useless at surfing, I'm going to say walk the dog as the sun rises, play the West in the morning and the East in the afternoon!! And end up in The Thatch at Croyde in the evening!!!

+1 for this - my wife and I have also discussed a relocation. I'm too fat/old/decrepit to surf now, but still love bodyboarding there. Saunton is awesome, and the variety of beaches with Croyde and Woolacombe too. Bliss.

D

Deleted Member 1156

For a limited time, yes.
I genuinely don't understand how you can say this. Every single time you play a course it is different whether it is pin and tee positions, weather conditions, speed of the greens and even down to the shots you hit. You might nail your drive on a hole and have a 7i left to the green and the next day knobble it and have a 3 wood.

Seriously, I think you need to expand your golfing horizons (y)