The course you'd like to play for the rest of your life.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Saunton East. Surf all morning, golf all afternoon. Blissful.

Usually I would say the Old Course all day long, BUT the wife and I have both said that we could happily relocate to Croyde/Braunton and I'm sure we'll end up there at some point.

So as I'm useless at surfing, I'm going to say walk the dog as the sun rises, play the West in the morning and the East in the afternoon!! And end up in The Thatch at Croyde in the evening!!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Usually I would say the Old Course all day long, BUT the wife and I have both said that we could happily relocate to Croyde/Braunton and I'm sure we'll end up there at some point.

So as I'm useless at surfing, I'm going to say walk the dog as the sun rises, play the West in the morning and the East in the afternoon!! And end up in The Thatch at Croyde in the evening!!!
That sounds glorious. It's probably where we will retire to at some point. My knees probably won't take surfing at that point, so I'll buy a little boat and fish/dive for lobsters then golf ❤️❤️❤️

Wolf

Visit site
Not sure I've yet played a course where I think that's the one and only I could play for rest ofmy life.

Perhaps I may find that next year as just booked to play Le Golf National next year for my stag do.

I'd rule out places like links courses etc and think I'd want somewhere overseas in the sun and guaranteed better weather and less wind more often than not.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Only course/club I could ever considered moving to is West Hill. Lovely course, but also a very friendly club.Reminds me very much of Blackmoor. Perhaps I could be a member of both ?

Would consider Hankley as it is five minutes from my house, and is a stunning course. Not so sure about the club though. Not sure how friendly it is, and it is definitely not all about the course for me.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ceann Sibeal at the far end of the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland.

There are better courses in county Kerry, let alone Ireland, but the setting is simply magnificent in the heart of the Kerry Gaeltacht (Irish speaking area) with Brandon mountain to the east, the sea to the west and Mount Eagle to the south. It is as if you are in another world. A fabulous setting.

D

Deleted member 16999

Seaton Carew GC, 22 Holes producing 5 different Courses, plenty of comps, decent members.

D

Deleted member 1418

Only course/club I could ever considered moving to is West Hill. Lovely course, but also a very friendly club.Reminds me very much of Blackmoor. Perhaps I could be a member of both ?

Would consider Hankley as it is five minutes from my house, and is a stunning course. Not so sure about the club though. Not sure how friendly it is, and it is definitely not all about the course for me.

Should report your post for boasting and causing jealousy, but as I've now got Saunton on my brain I'm quite happy!!! 😂😂

D

Deleted member 1418

That sounds glorious. It's probably where we will retire to at some point. My knees probably won't take surfing at that point, so I'll buy a little boat and fish/dive for lobsters then golf ❤️❤️❤️

Nice. I'll take a lobster every day off you, provided it's not berried of course.....!! 😉😂

dronfield

Visit site
Hi
I have chosen 2 and based decision on my ability to play them day in day out, as opposed to them being championship/best courses i have played;
For links would go with Silouth and in land Hallamshire or Lindrick.
One choice only - Hallamshire.
Rich

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Got same plan... somewhere on that coast... might be Saunton, or Bude, (less good course but nice town) St E or Trevose!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
From my limited travels, I would think Swinley also.

Liked the variety sound of Broadstone in earlier post.
I often joke my current course changes character pretty dramatically through the seasons and whilst it must be nice to play at a super highly maintained course where they strive for consistency year round, I wonder if I would miss the variety.

D

Deleted Member 1156

From my limited travels, I would think Swinley also.

Liked the variety sound of Broadstone in earlier post.
I often joke my current course changes character pretty dramatically through the seasons and whilst it must be nice to play at a super highly maintained course where they strive for consistency year round, I wonder if I would miss the variety.
Ian you're welcome to come down for a game anytime, would be nice to catch up again (y)

D

Deleted member 21258

Thorndon Park, as think the course is great and fairly easy walking in old age.

But wouldn't want to move back to Essex:sick:, so would be Beau Desert.