The Belfry

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone. Hope you’re all doing well and not climbing the walls just yet!

Just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on something. Three of my mates and I have an overnight stay booked at the Belfry on June 12th for someone’s birthday - Playing the main course on the Friday and one of the others on the Saturday.

When this lockdown was announced we thought it would have all blown over by then. Now it looks as though we probably won’t be able to go. Just wanted to know if anyone on here is either in the same position or is a member there and be receiving communications from the club etc?

I won’t be kicking up a fuss if we can’t go, there’s far more important things in life at the moment so I completely understand. I’m suppose I’m reaching out more in hope than expectation ?

robbeh32

Visit site
I was due to go to Celtic manor is got cancelled. Golf might be open but the hotels will be shut for a while yet!

D

Deleted Member 1156

You may be able to get a better idea after the lockdown announcement tomorrow evening. Courses are expected to reopen soon but could be restrictions on who can play ie. members or locals only.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Can’t see it happening, the hotel will be closed anyway, and I doubt any club, even with more than 1 course will allow visitors, I think all societies and visitor tee times will be initially cancelled until all clubs have all restrictions lifted, which will be a few months yet imo.

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I agree the course probably won’t be open for visitors (we’d be coming from South Wales) and even if it is, the hotel won’t be. Gutted! Hope everyone’s doing well ??

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I agree the course probably won’t be open for visitors (we’d be coming from South Wales) and even if it is, the hotel won’t be. Gutted! Hope everyone’s doing well ??
Members only will not happen at the belfry I guarantee that. Members are at the back of the queue for everything at the belfy. If any club open for visitors then rest assured the belfy will be at the front of that queue. They have already said they are closing the Derby to concentrate their efforts on the other courses whilst this blows over.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Members only will not happen at the belfry I guarantee that. Members are at the back of the queue for everything at the belfy. If any club open for visitors then rest assured the belfy will be at the front of that queue. They have already said they are closing the Derby to concentrate their efforts on the other courses whilst this blows over.

Going to be a pain for those courses that don’t loop if 9 holes becomes the norm for a while.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I got the same vibe when I worked at Celtic Manor. Members were a necessary evil, but the core audience were groups staying in the hotel and drinking on site. But it's a business and folk understand that....I think?
Having visited both a few times, the bookings team have my details. Both have contacted me in the last week or so talking about good deals coming (no specifics given).