The annual December southerns links get together?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
hi chris,

i'd be up for this, having been away for H4H have been looking for an opportunity to make a "forum meet" debut and put a few faces to names.

bit late to the party so no problem if i'm too late.

It should be ok Badger, I shall be asking for definites and deposits soon

D

Deleted Member 1156

Myself, Richart and Merv are looking to stay in Dover on the Sunday night in case anyoe else is contemplating where to stay :thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Thinking particularly of those travelling, but open to all, how about a game Sunday afternoon down that way, maybe followed by a curry……… Any takers?

D

Deleted member 15344

So where is everyone staying the night ?

Deal or Dover ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Thinking particularly of those travelling, but open to all, how about a game Sunday afternoon down that way, maybe followed by a curry……… Any takers?

Merv and I will hopefully be playing 3rd round of the Hockley winter foursomes in the morning but def up for beer and curry in the evening :thup:

So where is everyone staying the night ?

Deal or Dover ?

Both :D

But they are only a few miles apart so not a problem to meet up.

V

vkurup

Never played a links course before... so will toss my name in. 10 days before big birthday, so might get dispensation from the Mrs to go and play.

Without reading the full thread, have we decided when and where and how much..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Never played a links course before... so will toss my name in. 10 days before big birthday, so might get dispensation from the Mrs to go and play.

Without reading the full thread, have we decided when and where and how much..

Lazy git!! :whistle:

Royal Cinque Ports (aka Deal)

Dec 8th about 9am

£65

Details to follow soon

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Sounds like an excellent idea, Deal is a bit far for me to to travel in the morning so I'll be looking to stay over the night before. And if you're staying over, well, an extra round of golf plus curry & beers in the evening are all mandatory aren't they? :thup:

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd be up for a game somewhere on the Sunday. I'd be happy to host people at Ashford which is on the way down to deal. Once you get past the surrey/sussex/north kent border there isn't many good courses. Mostly just Ok courses. Ashford is good though, if you don't mind a bit of motorway noise (we're just of the M20 J9)

V

vkurup

Lazy git!! :whistle:

Royal Cinque Ports (aka Deal)

Dec 8th about 9am

£65

Details to follow soon

Top man... Might look to stay down too.. Let me know if people are block booking a travelodge/hilton somewhere

D

Deleted member 1418

Blundell and I are staying in the King's Head in Deal on the Sunday night and therefore up for curry and beer that evening. We are looking at travelling down early Sunday and playing Princes - might as well overload on the links golf!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you seen my note above about two holes being seriously reduced in legth and one on a temp greenw while they finished to flood defences. Hope you're getting a good discount on the green fee, luckily I played it for free so wasn't too fussed.

D

Deleted member 1418

Have you seen my note above about two holes being seriously reduced in legth and one on a temp greenw while they finished to flood defences. Hope you're getting a good discount on the green fee, luckily I played it for free so wasn't too fussed.

Yes, but haven't confirmed anything with Princes yet - enquired via e-mail - so could change our minds and look elsewhere. Will see what they say when they get back to me. Useful intelligence to have though when I do speak to them!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, but haven't confirmed anything with Princes yet - enquired via e-mail - so could change our minds and look elsewhere. Will see what they say when they get back to me. Useful intelligence to have though when I do speak to them!!
I liked the look of Littlestone if we could get on there. Could get there for mid day ish. Was looking at Princes as well, but doesn't seem to get a great review on the forum.