The all things EV chat thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Superb :ROFLMAO:

I want the biggest vehicle I can get
It fits the brief then ?. After you've had it a while please post about it. I'm interested to hear real life experiences with it. Particularly, how far will it actually go on pure electric. I don't believe the guff, same as with all mpg figures.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is one for sale on autotrader, 4 years old, £27,995 :eek:

For those of you who have children/grandchildren living in towns and cities, this might be of interest ...

The bit that was telling to me about hydrogen was Germany making it work.... But investment of billions

Think we have gone for cheaper option

I like that may has a telsa and did have hydrogen.. he seems to know his stuff more than the other 2

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...flix-now-you-can-subscribe-to-an-electric-car

I've posted the link to the service before but I think this will become a popular thing soon for fixed priced motoring and electric roll out.

Just under £400 a month for a Renault Zoe.. including insurance. Maintenance.. servicing . Tyres the works and 1000 miles worth of free charge on street

Now the older generation won't see benefits of the insurance bits but for example im 33 and My cheapest insurance to date been around £450.. before that £1000,800,700 and so on.. I don't think I'll ever get to the stage My parents are in of £200.. our generation will be locked out of them

So it will appeal to younger people more. And with no deposit it is better for the young aswell who struggle with deposits

Not for everyone ofc .. feel I need to add this to every comment these days ...

But like some have said you can swap out for a longer range one if needed

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a record seen this morning... Of the twenty or so charging places at our Aldi EIGHT were being used in the manner intended... Generally, at best, it's usually only a couple I've seen hooked up...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
''I'm not fitting chargers, no-one's got an EV.''

''I'm not getting an EV, no-one's got any chargers''

Hopefully a thing of the past :)

My father in law (can't remember if I posted) just accepted a job back in his old field (maintaining and fitting petrol pumps) but anyways now part of his work is to install electric car charge stations at forecourts