The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Well I hardly caught a shot of any of that from the final two days. Left home for the Southern Alps on Friday afternoon, arrived about 6pm last night, checked into the hotel, had my trousers pulled down for 2 pints and a pizza :ROFLMAO: then came back to the room to watch the last few holes but couldn’t fight the much needed sleep.
Anyway, here are the updated results of the Fantasy League - Bennys Ballers head and shoulders above the rest this week, which also sees him take 1st place in the overall standings.

IMG_3433.jpegIMG_3434.jpeg

Fore Right

Visit site
Seems to be the start of a slow shift on social media on Liv this season.
Still plenty of haters of course.

Plenty of "I watched it and it was better than I thought" type comments.

Even Guy Charnock from the Rick Shiels podcast said he enjoyed it. :oops:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Seen a bit of talk about how good the golf was last night, but I’m not sure it really was. All the hype about the leading group with the big 3 in and their play was average at best.

The people who did play well on the last round didn’t get shown. The Majestics must have played well on the final day, but I don’t remember seeing a single shot from them in the coverage.

Shame we didn’t get a 6 man playoff, that would have been interesting. Thought the free drops on the last were laughable, rules are rules, but terrible positioning of the scoreboard to allow it to happen.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Another negative for the shotgun start last night, you can’t tell easily tell how good the players who are making a run on final day are getting on as you’re not sure what holes are left

By any measure the last was a tough finishing hole. Big pressure on the drive - have to step up and crush one. Gooch got a gimme par 5 to finish instead

Fore Right

Visit site
For context to see how far Liv has come I have just watched a bit of the very 1st event in London.
Dustin , Sergio and Phil M headlining

But Boy
Field was so WEAK, team logo's were so bad.

Surprisingly all but 2 Team names that have survived.
Punch GC became The Rippers and Niblicks became The Rangegoats.
Also I was surprised to learn that 23 players who teed it up in London 2022 also teed it up in Vegas this week.

Fore Right

Visit site
Jeddah and Hong Kong up next.

Hard to get too excited about those 2 locations although im sure the competition will be great.
Crowds will be smaller you would have thought.

Then Miami and Adelaide which should be great with Augusta sandwiched in between.

Fore Right

Visit site
Some very good sources saying Anthony Kim is going to be a wildcard at Liv Jeddah.

Please explain this mythical character as he stopped playing a decade before I started.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some very good sources saying Anthony Kim is going to be a wildcard at Liv Jeddah.

Please explain this mythical character as he stopped playing a decade before I started.

Will be good to see how he does returning

Good talent forced to retire due to injury

Issue was if he returned the insurance company would need their money back I believe? But this isn't the pga tour