That's a mouthful

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Should we just stick with "rock?":eek::D

Think that might be a tad unfair. I hit the new version of the Tour Soft and for its price bracket I was quite impressed and to be honest even though the GM review says it'll sit just below the Pro V's and the AVX, the AVX isn't a great ball (in my opinion) and so it could feel that slot. Definitely keen to give a sleeve a go

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But it’s got the word TOUR in the name so it must be good ;)
...but it doesn’t have distance, velocity or long...it’s got speed though...all we need now is one that has superior acceleration off the club face...ah we do...it’s what gives velocity, distance and long. Who knew balls could be so dynamic.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Think that might be a tad unfair. I hit the new version of the Tour Soft and for its price bracket I was quite impressed and to be honest even though the GM review says it'll sit just below the Pro V's and the AVX, the AVX isn't a great ball (in my opinion) and so it could feel that slot. Definitely keen to give a sleeve a go

I like the AVX, but not enough to play it over the Prov1x.

I find the balls just below this price point, tour soft or what ever, wear really badly, and are horrible to put with.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like the AVX, but not enough to play it over the Prov1x.

I find the balls just below this price point, tour soft or what ever, wear really badly, and are horrible to put with.

I disagree and find the AVX very clicky off the putter, especially a firm (milled or firm insert) face. I didn't find the new Tour Soft model too bad. I am not sure I can get the best out of a Pro V these days to justify it and a lot of people wouldn't be able to justify the cost of a dozen either

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I disagree and find the AVX very clicky off the putter, especially a firm (milled or firm insert) face. I didn't find the new Tour Soft model too bad. I am not sure I can get the best out of a Pro V these days to justify it and a lot of people wouldn't be able to justify the cost of a dozen either

I guess I just like clicky golf balls, and hate the hitting a marshmallow effect you get with softer golf balls.