Terrible early release

Customgolf900

Medal Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hi I'm having a huge issue with early release
I just can't seem to get my hands ahead of impact I'm a very good ball striker but when I'm off I'm terrible my right arm detaches from my body on the downswing thus causing a casting motion early release I can't get my right elbow tucked in on down so frustrated any help much appreciated thanks
Not sure how to upload pic?

Customgolf900

Medal Winner
Banned
Visit site
I just can't seem to get my hands ahead of impact I'm a very good ball striker but when I'm off I'm terrible my right arm detaches from my body on the downswing thus causing a casting motion early release I can't get my right elbow tucked in on down so frustrated any help much appreciated thanks

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

a ways impossible to tell from a still image (only ways to get near to the drift of what maybes is the cause of the issue is looking over a vid of both a dtl & face-on viewpoint - 2 viewpoints as video is only 2d images)

can be a bunch of reasons as to why a more early flip type release happens as what happens at any point in the motion is heavily influenced by what happened from the get-go, so set-up alignment/posture, the hold on the handle, to how the club is taken back up to the top and the subsequent transition motion, swing path, weight pressure distribution etc.

sometimes a big part of it is that the brain dictates the flip type early release as instinctively, intuition works out this early releas has to happen to get the club face lined up squarish to target, because with the motion happening a more 'optimum' release pattern, hands ahead tad of a forwards leaning shaft would leave the club face angle a ways too 'open' at strike

have a look at the vid and just do a bunch of real small swing motions at 50% easy speed {easier at slower speeeds to feel the movements needed} hands hip height in the backswing then deliver the club as seen here - notice how the lead hip has to clear of of the way and the weight pressure has to be on the lead leg

transition and downswing - if the weight is still too much on the trail leg with hips straightening up not turning, moving towards target line/ball - the 'early extension' issue that's a sure-fire ways to have the flip early release

[video=youtube;C62sOYme3iQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C62sOYme3iQ[/video]

if it's know already the transition/downswing has got too much of a big lateral slide to target in the norm full swing motion pattern
then practicing with 'something' tall enough to sit up at lead hip height (like say a golf bag, range plastic chair, old big box placed just 3 inches off of the lead hip so the move at transition is just upto the object then the turn is made inside of it - so no big push against or knocking the 'object' forwards or over)

Last edited:

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Swing something with a bit of weight to get you into the groove, as the thing you swing gets heavier you are forced into the correct technique.

A lot of lead tape would help or a weight club, i would use it only to groove the range of motion and sequence you do not want to use it a lot as you are also practising swinging slowly

Customgolf900

Medal Winner
Banned
Visit site

a ways impossible to tell from a still image (only ways to get near to the drift of what maybes is the cause of the issue is looking over a vid of both a dtl & face-on viewpoint - 2 viewpoints as video is only 2d images)

can be a bunch of reasons as to why a more early flip type release happens as what happens at any point in the motion is heavily influenced by what happened from the get-go, so set-up alignment/posture, the hold on the handle, to how the club is taken back up to the top and the subsequent transition motion, swing path, weight pressure distribution etc.

sometimes a big part of it is that the brain dictates the flip type early release as instinctively, intuition works out this early releas has to happen to get the club face lined up squarish to target, because with the motion happening a more 'optimum' release pattern, hands ahead tad of a forwards leaning shaft would leave the club face angle a ways too 'open' at strike

have a look at the vid and just do a bunch of real small swing motions at 50% easy speed {easier at slower speeeds to feel the movements needed} hands hip height in the backswing then deliver the club as seen here - notice how the lead hip has to clear of of the way and the weight pressure has to be on the lead leg

transition and downswing - if the weight is still too much on the trail leg with hips straightening up not turning, moving towards target line/ball - the 'early extension' issue that's a sure-fire ways to have the flip early release

[video=youtube;C62sOYme3iQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C62sOYme3iQ[/video]

if it's know already the transition/downswing has got too much of a big lateral slide to target in the norm full swing motion pattern
then practicing with 'something' tall enough to sit up at lead hip height (like say a golf bag, range plastic chair, old big box placed just 3 inches off of the lead hip so the move at transition is just upto the object then the turn is made inside of it - so no big push against or knocking the 'object' forwards or over)

Thanks I must admit when I flip bad I feel I'm stuck on my right side on downswing
This is great advice I've hit lots of shanks when flipping bad too on the other had when I good boy I'm good!! Thanks

Customgolf900

Medal Winner
Banned
Visit site

Thanks I must admit when I flip bad I feel I'm stuck on my right side on downswing
This is great advice I've hit lots of shanks when flipping bad too on the other had when I good boy I'm good!! Thanks
again