My body's broken....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Your local uni will probably have a sports physio. It'll cost you upwards of £30-£40 but well worth a visit.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got my results late yesterday....

I've been mulling on them all day, I truly don't know whether to be pleased or sceptical, I'm certainly confused!

Apparently I have Bursitis, of which the description of it is as follows:

A bursa is a fluid-filled sac which forms under the skin, usually over the joints, and acts as a cushion between the tendons and bones. The main symptoms of bursitis are pain, swelling and tenderness in the affected area. Any bursa can become inflamed, but bursitis most commonly occurs in the shoulder.

So I've now got some tablets for the pain/inflammation and also a tablet to protect my stomach when taking them.

No operation, just physio apparently will sort it out, although I feel I've been doing physio to some degree with playing golf, driving and general work etc so I honestly can't see what specific physio will do any better?

I waited over 6 weeks for my ultrasound, 2 weeks for the results and now I've got to wait another 6 weeks (approximately) for the first physio appointment which no doubt will them be a weekly visit but with home/daily exercises to do?

Part of me is relieved there's no impending operation so I can commit to the up and coming golf meets now, but another part of me is sceptical of physio remedying the injury!
Come on give the physio person a chance! Im pretty sure they will give u stuff to do that u dont know about.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I guess it's much better than it could have been and at least you've an idea of what it is and how to deal with it. Give the pills a go and see how you go. At least you can keep golfing for a while longer

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve got Naproxen to take 3 times a day and Omeprazole once a day.

It would seem with what I’ve read that the Naproxen could benefit my gout also, plus a host of other areas of my body that’s suffering.

I’ll be swinging like a well hung monkey in a few weeks 😜

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’ve got Naproxen to take 3 times a day and Omeprazole once a day.

It would seem with what I’ve read that the Naproxen could benefit my gout also, plus a host of other areas of my body that’s suffering.

I’ll be swinging like a well hung monkey in a few weeks 😜

Keep it within the realms of reality

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
By the time you have finished mucker you should take your boots next time you go to the bridge mate. Antonio might give you a run out.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Letter has arrived, went online as instructed and the earliest available appointment is 29th January 😳

Going to ring the doctor on Monday as I’m concerned that I’m going to be on these meds’ for 3 months before any physio even starts 🤔

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Letter has arrived, went online as instructed and the earliest available appointment is 29th January 

Going to ring the doctor on Monday as I’m concerned that I’m going to be on these meds’ for 3 months before any physio even starts 樂

I was on Naproxen for over 8 years Fish, never had any issues. Instead of waiting for NHS go and get a few private sessions if you want to progress things. Even one or two between now and the start of your physio with NHS should be beneficial.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Letter has arrived, went online as instructed and the earliest available appointment is 29th January 

Going to ring the doctor on Monday as I’m concerned that I’m going to be on these meds’ for 3 months before any physio even starts 樂

I was on Naproxen for over 8 years Fish, never had any issues. Instead of waiting for NHS go and get a few private sessions if you want to progress things. Even one or two between now and the start of your physio with NHS should be beneficial.

What Jacko said, go private. C'mon Fish, 40quid a session at most is the equivalent of a cheapish green fee, and it gets you out there swinging freely.

D

Deleted member 15344

Being on Naproxen for that long isn’t too bad but agree with the recommendation that you go private. I have one session a month at £40 and it’s worth every penny instead of waiting for NHS physio

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another vote for going private. I dont even bother going the GP/NHS route for everyday aches and pains/injuries - straight to physio or osteopath and one or two sessions and it's usually fixed. If it is more serious then they'll advise accordingly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was on Naproxen for an extended period of time so there shouldn't be long term issues. However you either need to go back to the GP and get them to put pressure on for a quicker date or as others have said go private. The latter will give you quicker relief and get you on the road to recover again. At least go for a private diagnosis and see how many sessions they feel you'll need. It may be expensive but could be a better route (finances prevailing of course, expensive time of year!)