Tee off time

white_feather

Club Champion
Visit site
what is the interval of time allowed between your tee off time and you being DQed for missing it?

I ask because we played a 4BBB on Sunday. We teed off at the prescribed 10:50 AM however our playing partners were slow getting down to the first tee so were only ready to tee off at 10:54 AM, was this too long? Should they have been DQed?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
From 6-3...

a. Time of Starting
The player must start at the time established by the Committee.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 6-3a:

If the player arrives at his starting point, ready to play, within five minutes after his starting time, the penalty for failure to start on time is loss of the first hole in match play or two strokes at the first hole in stroke play. Otherwise, the penalty for breach of this Rule is disqualification.
Bogey and par competitions – See Note 2 to Rule 32-1a.
Stableford competitions – See Note 2 to Rule 32-1b.
Exception: Where the Committee determines that exceptional circumstances have prevented a player from starting on time, there is no penalty.

So in 4BBB they should have lost the first hole.

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is one of the best rules in golf. Without it chaos would reign. If only it could apply to life in general more people would turn up on time for meetings and appointments.
I particularly despise people who deliberately turn up late to emphasise their importance.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is one of the best rules in golf. Without it chaos would reign. If only it could apply to life in general more people would turn up on time for meetings and appointments.
I particularly despise people who deliberately turn up late to emphasise their importance.

There's also the "arrive bang on the dot, so I'm not late" brigade.

I'm waiting on the tee for an agreed 8.46 tee for a match.
I've been having a putt on the practice green from about 8.30, and moved to tee as soon as previous group have tee'd off.
I'm getting really worried that I have told my opponent the wrong tee time!
Then she SAUNTERS round corner of Clubhouse and walks to tee.
By my watch she gets to the tee at 8.47, but Clubhouse clock says 8.46, so she's not late.

Who's the one who is stressed?
Me.:rolleyes:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
There's also the "arrive bang on the dot, so I'm not late" brigade.

I'm waiting on the tee for an agreed 8.46 tee for a match.
I've been having a putt on the practice green from about 8.30, and moved to tee as soon as previous group have tee'd off.
I'm getting really worried that I have told my opponent the wrong tee time!
Then she SAUNTERS round corner of Clubhouse and walks to tee.
By my watch she gets to the tee at 8.47, but Clubhouse clock says 8.46, so she's not late.

Who's the one who is stressed?
Me.:rolleyes:

If she arrived at 8.46 then surely she isn't ready to play at 8.46 thus technically late?