Taylormade Superquad

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just has a go with this at Silvermere golf range. 9.5 degree, stiff fujikura shaft, mid kick.

Couldn't hit a cows backside with it.
Not sure why, but the face felt really hard and uncompromising, and the ball flight was a bit low. Nice looking tho'.
Shaft felt dead. No zip at all. Never did like Fujikura shafts in Taylormades.
If it had a sweet spot, I couldn't find it.

Pity really, as I liked the look of it. I already have an original R7 quad, with an Aldila NV65S shaft, which I love, and thought this could be the one to oust it from the bag.
Guess I will just have to wait for the titleist 907Ds to come out.

B

birdieman

come on murphthemog, you know what you relly need -the K1 speed, really popular with forum readers!
As Sam Torrance says 'it can deliver some of the most powerful strikes in golf'!
Seriously I have gone right off TaylorMade lately, there choice is too big and they are the worst for technogarb, I think they're only as widely played becasue Adidas is the corporate monster pushing this brand and sponsoring Garcia/Clarke/Goosen etc. The R7 irons look hideous. I hate all those moveable weights etc in their drivers. I had a TM 580r a few years back but found the Nike Ignite slaughtered it for distance.
Think you're right waiting for the Titleist 907, their drivers are pure.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Might give the K1 a miss. Had a swish with one in the chav shop. Rubbish. Defo not for anyone with any pretensions of being a golfer.

I hope the 907s are out in time. Only need to decide then on the dairy lea version, or the more conventional. I think this is hard to judge from photos, but will be obvious in the flesh. A friend of mine has the sumo sq, which is stupidly long and straight. Just a pity it is so ugly, and sounds so cheap.

I have a question regarding taylormade. Why is the TP version of any driver nearly £200 more than the standard one. The only difference is that the face is 1 degree open. This seems a lot of dosh for a small difference, and is not endearing the company to me.

The titleist 906 fairway is awesome, so hopefully the 907 drivers will be similarly good. A mate keeps telling me to buy a 905R, but it looks a bit portly. The 905T is better looking, but at 400cc, maybe a bit behind the times. We will have to see.....