taylor made r9 460

lucan

Club Champion
Visit site
while on holiday on florida i bought a r9 460 driver according to the smart arse salesman and his launch monitor i needed a stiff shaft even though i was thinking reg shaft more suitable against my better judgement i went with the stiff shaft.
this shaft is so wrong for me.
intrested to know if anyone else has been caught out like this and is it worth getting a new shaft fitted or am i wasting even more money doing this.

A

Alex1975

Out of interest, what was your swing speed. Why do you think what you have is wrong for you?

lucan

Club Champion
Visit site
my swing speed with a driver is 95 mph.
i was recently fitted by mizuno for a set of irons and was inbtween r and s.

A

Alex1975

Hmm i was told my driver swing speed was 93.5 mph and I was fitted for Mizuno irons the other day and my 3 swings were 81, 82, 83 mph. In one shaft I was a Stiff (NSPro 950) and in the other also a stiff but with soft step (dynalight gold XP s300). It sounds like you may need a stiff driver shaft but only just.

Again, what makes you think the current driver shaft is no good for you? loss of distance or what?

BTW im not a pro, im just asking for my own interest.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
also a driver has a longer shaft, which creates more shaft speed meaning your driver shaft should be the stiffest of the set, so im lead to beleive.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have always had a stiff shaft in my driver, and have been c/f'ed for stiff too, but have regular shafts in my irons (also c/f'ed). It is not unusual.