Sub £100 GPS

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lots of GPS threads at the moment but nothing much about the cheaper end. At my level I just want something basic now I am playing a few more away courses. Really looking at rhe sub £100 options as only want front middle and back yardages (though some hazard yardages would be helpful) and really a couple of yards here or there is not going to be the end of the world

Not really up to date on the GPS market and the options so thought I would ask the forum

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got a Garmin G3 off ebay for £82. It gives you front, middle, back and the distances to hazards. Touch screen so it's easy to use. Being using mine for a couple of months now and I'd recommend it.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
I have had a Caddylite for the last 5 years with no problems,ticks all the boxes you are after and less than £100.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I got a Garmin G3 off ebay for £82. It gives you front, middle, back and the distances to hazards. Touch screen so it's easy to use. Being using mine for a couple of months now and I'd recommend it.

+1
+2 coz Fragger has one as well.
Runs off AA batteries - I use rechargables and get 2 rounds out of a set.
Gives you all you need, can strap to your belt or trolley or can go in your pocket
Had mine a couple of years and it cost 75 quid new on the Bay.
Loads of courses, you can measure distances, move the pin around on the screen as you need, front, back and middle plus hazards.
Works for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
+1
+2 coz Fragger has one as well.
Runs off AA batteries - I use rechargables and get 2 rounds out of a set.
Gives you all you need, can strap to your belt or trolley or can go in your pocket
Had mine a couple of years and it cost 75 quid new on the Bay.
Loads of courses, you can measure distances, move the pin around on the screen as you need, front, back and middle plus hazards.
Works for me.

Sounds good. Almost as functional as many Sky caddies without the fees

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly I do not do ebay. May finally have to sign up

Anyone use a Golfbuddy voice. The original version is going for £75 new.

Also anyone know why the Garmin S2 watch can be found cheaper than the s1.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly I do not do ebay. May finally have to sign up

Anyone use a Golfbuddy voice. The original version is going for £75 new.

Also anyone know why the Garmin S2 watch can be found cheaper than the s1.

The golfbuddy voice would be a good shout for that price.

I would ignore the newer VTS model (i own one) as the touchscreen is absolutely garbage and immensely frustrating.

Dont get me wrong it is a very accurate device, but i would 100 percent avoid the touch screen one.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having looked at a few of the suggestions it certainly appears yo be between the Golfbuddy voice or the slightly more expensive but more feature packed Skycaddie aire 2.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a look for the Garmin G3, not many on ebay at a good price and I do not want second hand

The second hand thing would put me off a little too but the G3 is still worth considering if you think hazard yardages are important as well as F/B/M. I got mine a while back when TheJezster found a really cheap deal from Tescos and I've loved it ever since. I think if mine broke I'd look to just pick up a like-for-like replacement.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Yip been using one few years now can't see why anyone would pay more for anything else. Just works! Dropped it load of times as well and never misses a beat. Amazon sometimes have them on offer or tesco direct. Tho guessing stock low now on these so eBay might be best bet

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If anyone sees a G3 on sale let me know. It does seem like the ideal option. The Skycaddies range is slightly confusing me. The Aire gives front, middle and back which is fine, the Aire ii seems to do the same but can give hazard distances but I am not sure whether I have to subscribe to get that feature. Certainly prefering a handheld unit as I do not like golfing in a watch