Start of winter prep

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After playing reasonably well last winter I started this season full of hope and expectation. For a variety of reasons the golf went downhill and I made the buffer once all season and had lots of 0.1s. Got the bug again and have started my winter preparation for next season, despite still having a couple of medals to potentially still play. If it ever stops raining up here.

Had a lesson last night and the plan is to have one a month through the winter and practice / play as much as I can.

A couple of changes were made and I was actually hitting it quite well by the end of the lesson. The first thing was to make sure my right foot was at right angles to the target line and the weight / pressure was on the inside edge of my foot and my knees were braced. This has made my base a lot more stable and I am swaying much less now.
I wasn't bumping my hips enough at the start of the downswing and my right elbow wasn't coming in tight to my side. The feeling i have now is as my hips bump left my left shoulder comes up giving me a much better spine angle and the right elbow is more in to the body and I seem to be rotating round to a better finish as well.

Here's hoping I can take it to the course now

Edit - just realised there was sound as well - oops lol

[video=youtube_share;eWfdapebFdE]https://youtu.be/eWfdapebFdE[/video]

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My winter prep has been done this week. Half of the clubs swapped from cart bag to carry bag. Carry bag loaded with rocks I will not look for when they plop into the mud. Waterproofs swapped into carry bag. Woolly Homer Simpson hat put into carry bag. Winter golf stuff dug out. Gloves found. Golf shoes have started to split but will be used until they completely fall apart before I use new pair.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't quite understand this distinction between 'seasons' and winter/not winter. I'm just going to carry on playing golf. I have an umbrella, jacket and jumper, I'm all set. Club still has comps they're just gradually more Stableford than medals.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't quite understand this distinction between 'seasons' and winter/not winter. I'm just going to carry on playing golf. I have an umbrella, jacket and jumper, I'm all set. Club still has comps they're just gradually more Stableford than medals.

:thup:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't make any changes other than if a trolley ban comes in I go to half set in a carry bag.
My bag has umbrella, waterproof trousers, half sleeve water proof top, beanie and rain gloves in it all year round.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe I should have worded the heading a bit better lol.

Start of swing change programme over the winter :eek:

Our last medal is November and the next counter is in March, so we decided it was an ideal time to work on these changes. I intend to play as much as I can over the winter, new waterproofs have been bought !

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks good, always good to have something clear to work on

Thanks Shortgame, he has given me a couple drills to work on before the next lesson. It's quite strange as I now have a much better understanding of what my swing should be like as a result of these lessons which is a bonus.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I recognize that facility.

I've got a lesson booked on the 27th of this month. Positive changes Alan, keep plugging away.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have my long game pretty mapped out and well discussed elsewhere. I plan to work really hard on the short game as well and take my pitching forward. I will continue doing the pitching challenge I unashamedly took from Peter Finch's Quest For The Open vlogs. I am getting better as my last video showed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FsjsSX9v5k

For me I need to do this from 30 yards, 50 yards and out to 60 yards and be able to do it in sodden winter conditions. That will need a quality of strike I'm not sure I have yet. After that, bunker and chipping. It's a full on winter for me. Long game is king for the moment but I will try and find a balance with the pitching too

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recognize that facility.

I've got a lesson booked on the 27th of this month. Positive changes Alan, keep plugging away.

Lol. Hope you are getting on well with Ross, think he is a really good coach. He deserves better facilities. Cheers, going to practice hard between lessons and see how it goes.
Hope the next lesson goes well

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have my long game pretty mapped out and well discussed elsewhere. I plan to work really hard on the short game as well and take my pitching forward. I will continue doing the pitching challenge I unashamedly took from Peter Finch's Quest For The Open vlogs. I am getting better as my last video showed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FsjsSX9v5k

For me I need to do this from 30 yards, 50 yards and out to 60 yards and be able to do it in sodden winter conditions. That will need a quality of strike I'm not sure I have yet. After that, bunker and chipping. It's a full on winter for me. Long game is king for the moment but I will try and find a balance with the pitching too

Best of luck with the winter plan, the pitching challenge looks interesting

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keep the same trolley bag (never came across a trolley ban) and don’t bother with a brolly as they are more hassle than they are worth. Waterproofs are on stand-by all year round

Wear my soft spiked shoes more than my dimpled shoes, down gilets and UA CGI breeks, beanies replace the caps. Pham gloves for the trolley of it gets really cold 🏌️