Srixon AD333 balls

C

CannyFifer

After plugging away with rockhard distance balls a single h/c advised me to try the AD333 ball as it's softer but not too soft to lose distance, any advice if I would get a better game with it?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
After plugging away with rockhard distance balls a single h/c advised me to try the AD333 ball as it's softer but not too soft to lose distance, any advice if I would get a better game with it?

I use them but can't honestly see it making any difference to your game. They're hardly soft (!?), I like them because they are more reliable off the putter than Dx2s. They are just an average ball for the average player.

I only care about the ball I use when they stop stopping on the greens....and that's only after a drought or something.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends on your budget and your game. If you want lots of control and spin then on the harder and quicker summer greens you might need a premiuim ball to give you the softness and spin. If however your game is a bit wayward and you lose a few then it may not be the best choice economincally. The AD333 is one of the best mid range balls out there but have a look at the Bridgestone RXS which AG are doing for around £30 for 15 (free sleeve) and are a bit of a secret. I only got some through recommendations on here but they are as good if not better than the ProV and for £2 each are great value

C

CannyFifer

cheers guys, had a look on tinternet and seen Srixon soft feel for the same price, any good?

C

CannyFifer

cheers mate, checked them out but my swingspeed is too slow according to the website, think I'll go for the Srixon softfeel and give them a go.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A few people at our place that use ProV1 in the summer use Srixon Soft Feel in the winter and say they play very similar.

As for the swing speed, Bridgestone do different balls for different swing speeds. I don't see any reason why their ball for your swing speed should be any less of a revelation than those that others on here recommend.
I've just switched to Bridgestone as well.

C

CannyFifer

It said for over 100mph which i'm not, never been measured but just know I dont. the soft feel say ideal for slower speeds. I should maybe get tested but it would probably cost :(

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you wanted to try Bridgestone, the RX or RXS could be suited, and a few have said on here they are great balls.

The soft feel is good too though.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
cheers guys, had a look on tinternet and seen Srixon soft feel for the same price, any good?

I like the AD333, but I fancy a go with the Soft Feel after I had a go with one for a few holes yesterday.

Let us know how you get on with them

:)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I find Srixon soft feel and Wilson DX2 are waaaay too soft. Like hitting marsh mallows. My usual ball is ProV1, but also like the 330RX from Bridgestone.
Srixon Z star is fine too.

In terms of budget balls, the AD333 is fine. I just think my clubs damage them a bit quick. I put the Titleist nxt in the same category, just more expensive.

I found the Srixon trispeed to be suprisingly good. If I didn't have 2 doz ProV, a doz Zstar, and 4 doz 330RX, I might choose the trispeed as my ball of choice.

BushFinder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to use the AD333's but have changed to the soft feel, better for short game and putting, with no noticable difference in distance.

BushFinder

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Actually my spare room is littered with an abundance of boxes - Approx 10 dozen in varying forms including 3 dozen for my birthday from friends and family, some Bridgestones I bought and some yellow Srixons I fancied trying out

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
cheers mate, checked them out but my swingspeed is too slow according to the website, think I'll go for the Srixon softfeel and give them a go.

I bought 1 box of soft-feel (green) and they are quite a good ball. I still find the odd unused one and put it into play.
I find them a bit short (really, I do, one of the few balls that seems to travel noticeably shorter)...so I don't really know what the thinking is behind them. They say "for lower swing speeds" (or similar) and that ought to be me, so maybe I'm being too pessimistic about my club head speed. Either way, I wouldn't use them over AD333s, a good ball, just weirdly short....
Nice to putt with and excellent around the greens - one for the "I don't need to hit it further" brigade.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I prefer the Wilson dx2 soft ball, I know I hit it further than the Srixon ad333 and I like it on the greens as well. They take a little getting used to with the putter but once you get used to them they are a great ball and worth a try. I hit my longest drive this season with one a few weeks back.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
AG have stopped the free sleeve but the price for the Bridgestone is down to £24/dozen at the moment. Just got the 330RX to try which is their <100 swing speed ball.

If you're coming from bricks then AD333 might be a good starting point. SoftFeel will be very different. DX2 are also good but definitely have a different feel to AD333.

I'd like to try Trispeed but haven't seen any lately.