Speeding fine.

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
I was done for speeding and the wife moaned like hell at me as I always comment on her driving speeds,any way I went on the speed awareness course which was held at Stockwood Vale Golf Club :D, I was in a rush that morning and forgot to take my wallet and when I got there I was asked for my licence which I keep in mt wallet:( I had to rebook and pay the fee again. Can't say what the wife called me.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You should be OK now with only tractors and sheep on the roads:lol:

My wee grandson made me laugh the other day when he said, 'Papa, I know where all the hidden speed cameras are in Glasgow'
Seemingly his table tennis coach is a Glasgow traffic police sergeant.

Thanks Doon.
As the original poster I did commiserate with Hobbit.
I must say I did want to add something like your observations but decided it may have been misunderstood.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Thanks Doon.
As the original poster I did commiserate with Hobbit.
I must say I did want to add something like your observations but decided it may have been misunderstood.

Being a grumpy old git, in 24/7 pain for the last 10 yrs and with an op on the horizon, I probably would have struggled to see the funny side.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Being a grumpy old git, in 24/7 pain for the last 10 yrs and with an op on the horizon, I probably would have struggled to see the funny side.

Just as well I was circumspect then Hobbit.

I am probably older than you and have been a GOM for years, at work in the Fire Service my nickname was "Victor".
Hope your op goes well.I am on my second hip op which seems to upset my back but both still here annoying the younger posters.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Herself was done for doing 33 in a 30mph zone... She queried about there being any tolerance and was told this was at the discretion of the local chief of police... Where she was caught [North Wales] it was absolute zero tolerance.... About the only time in her life she has uttered a swear word...

I once got pulled over and warned in Wrexham after going through a left hand turn give way sign without slowing down. I was going to Tesco and they pulled me up at the car park. Police asked me how fast I was going and I replied "I don't think I was going more than 30". Given the rounds about and other things I had to navigate I'd doubt I came close. They warned me that I was going faster than that round the corner because they had to do nearly 40mph to catch up with me.

Imagine having to go faster than the person in front to catch up. Shocking.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with what Ethan said about speed cameras etc. being something of a nice little earner,

Oh, and before the moral majority piles in vilifying me as some kind of boy-racing evil monster.

I drive EVERYWHERE adhering to every speed limit absolutely following all to the letter of the law, which I might add, is more than nearly all my fellow road users do. It's amazing how when driving out in the country in a 60 zone and then coming to a village where the limit is 30, how many the following vehicles get so close to mine as to practically try and run me off the road.

My job involves driving for a living and as the years have passed and technology has improved allowing 33mph to be recorded accurately, I hear of more and more colleagues being nabbed for doing what would previously never have been noticed by the boys in blue. 33 in a 30, 43 in a 40 and so on.

Although not not being in any way an expert lip-reader I have every opportunity to observe, in my rear-view mirror, those who seem to be hellbent on getting their vehicle inside my boot because I'm observing speed limits religiously. The swearing and invective aimed at me is extraordinary, and that's only the grannies and clergy.

Where are the Police when this is going on? I find the intimidation factor of others who don't care a monkey's for speed limits extremely distressful over the course of a day, but as authorities can rely upon parked-up camera vans to pinch enough people casually, then the head bangers don't really have to worry.

The application of zero tolerance is laughably pathetic, and reliance is on enough people being automatically nicked by Gatsos and vans for doing 33, rather than the apprehending of complete barmpots for doing 50 & 60 through built up areas, particularly when said eejits know there's no-one out there to stop them.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I agree with what Ethan said about speed cameras etc. being something of a nice little earner,

Oh, and before the moral majority piles in vilifying me as some kind of boy-racing evil monster.

I drive EVERYWHERE adhering to every speed limit absolutely following all to the letter of the law, which I might add, is more than nearly all my fellow road users do. It's amazing how when driving out in the country in a 60 zone and then coming to a village where the limit is 30, how many the following vehicles get so close to mine as to practically try and run me off the road.

My job involves driving for a living and as the years have passed and technology has improved allowing 33mph to be recorded accurately, I hear of more and more colleagues being nabbed for doing what would previously never have been noticed by the boys in blue. 33 in a 30, 43 in a 40 and so on.

Although not not being in any way an expert lip-reader I have every opportunity to observe, in my rear-view mirror, those who seem to be hellbent on getting their vehicle inside my boot because I'm observing speed limits religiously. The swearing and invective aimed at me is extraordinary, and that's only the grannies and clergy.

Where are the Police when this is going on? I find the intimidation factor of others who don't care a monkey's for speed limits extremely distressful over the course of a day, but as authorities can rely upon parked-up camera vans to pinch enough people casually, then the head bangers don't really have to worry.

The application of zero tolerance is laughably pathetic, and reliance is on enough people being automatically nicked by Gatsos and vans for doing 33, rather than the apprehending of complete barmpots for doing 50 & 60 through built up areas, particularly when said eejits know there's no-one out there to stop them.
Like yourself, I do a lot of driving for a living and have to say I do stick to all the speed limits (knowingly at least). I am absolutely adamant about not speeding in a 30 zone and my missus has moaned at me more than once about it but 30mph limits are generally in built-up areas and so I don't want to think my reckless driving was responsible for the demise of an individual.
I do 30k miles a year and if l lost my licence I'd lose my job. Not worth the risk.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've done the speed awareness course and it was the worst ordeal of my life. 4 hours I will never get back.

I would rather caddie for Lincoln Quaker in a medal than do that again :rofl:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I've done the speed awareness course and it was the worst ordeal of my life. 4 hours I will never get back.

I've got mine on Tuesday next week. Looking forward to it now that I know you hated it. :)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I've got no problem with speeding cameras and in fact I think they should have more. Forget accident black spots I think they should put them in places where people are likely to speed. That way they can catch people who are breaking the law and make money at the same time.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Living in a rural area I can tell you that there is a hell of a difference between a baby Fiat going past a primary school at 30mph and a convoy of three fully laden log lorry doing likewise.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

But that will take way more than 4 hrs, and include loads of off-roading...:D

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Herself was done for doing 33 in a 30mph zone... She queried about there being any tolerance and was told this was at the discretion of the local chief of police... Where she was caught [North Wales] it was absolute zero tolerance.... About the only time in her life she has uttered a swear word...
i got done twice by the same camera just outside prestatyn gc both times didnt see the van and doing 32mph going down hill on a right hand bend,you can go on the net and its a local landmark its done that many people.