Spam Emails

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know a reliable way to get rid of spam?

On my yahoo I get 4 or 5 sets of 2 emails pretending to be Apple, Curry’s, DPD, ...
I can see that the sender is just a random letter mess and therefore blocking one doesn’t stop the next one, but there must be a clever way to do so?
on the Mac they don’t appear, but on the phone they are always there.

I think it started when I was job hunting and my CV was/is uploaded to a few portals, so my email address was/is out there.

Edit: I also get a weekly phone call from PC World that I am eligible for a £10 new iPhone.

AdamW

Visit site
Have you got this setting turned on?
1616023640187.png

In all honesty yahoo has one of the worst spam filters. It might be best to call it a day and move over to Gmail which has a significantly better spam filter.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks, but I can't find that setting. My base setting are german, but I think I am in teh right menu, it just doesn't feature spam in there.

I know my spam filter does something because a couple of newsletters get caught out, sportshoes.com as an example.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is worth remembering that you still have to check the spam folder regularly. One mans trash etc ISPs may end up marking as trash something which is important to you because another person labelled it as trash.

If you have an apple phone blocking calls is easy if you have an Android it can be a bit more complicated.