Apple ....

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My daughter's iPhone died on Thursday night , first I knew about it was a text whilst on the golf course Friday to say she and her mother were in the local Apple Store and the tech guru had said there was an internal problem with the phone and it could not be fixed - but we can do you a refurb iPhone 6 for £285

The request was to ring them to discuss as she goes back to Uni on Tuesday but I texted back not to go ahead with the deal.

Emailed a local guy last night who I know will only use genuine Apple parts and has repaired various of my Apple kit (recently crushed my iPhone 7 in estate car boot door - he could not get genuine parts for a 7 at that time so recommended going to Apple for new screen !)

He said he had never had one be dead and no repair option - drop it off between 9/9.30 am Saturday morning and he would take a look (no charge if he cannot fix).

By 10am he had replaced the battery, working fine, then charged it up, also run it down and recharged just to be sure.

All for £30 (Apple £65 - or should I say £285 replacement phone) and back with us before lunch time.

He also said this was the second he had referred to him with battery problem where Apple said they could not repair.

Thinking of making an official complaint to Apple but not sure I can be bothered.

If your Apple product is out of warranty be careful on who you get to assess the product for repair ......

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Apple. I have no idea why anyone buys this over priced under specced rubbish. Take the pretty badge off it, and you are left with tat.

I have a work iphone 6s, and my own s7 edge. One of them is unreliable junk.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Apple charge it because they can as enough people go "duh, OK".
I have an company iPhone and a personal Moto G4. I much prefer the Moto as it does all I need at a quarter of the price and I don't get tied in to all the Apple junk.