Spam box/folder

Fish

Banned
Visit site
How many of you look in it on a regular basis, if at all?

I was prompted yesterday by a third party to look at mine just as someone had been trying to get hold of me to no avail.

Anyway, I didn't think anything was in there as the folder wasn't highlighted like any of my other folders which displays the number of any unread items in them.

Well bugger me, just the 153 emails in there from Russian and Asian lovelies looking for my friendship'😜

I had Mr Innocent Bunion also who was being held at the airport trying to deliver to me a consignment containing $4.8m and needed me to pay for his release 😂

I was amazed at the amount of vouchers, gift cards and prizes being offered by all the so-called main supermarket chains that were all dodgy looking when you look at the sending addy, although it could be a marketing company, its no wonder people get caught out by these😡

Bucket loads of gambling emails along with credit card & guaranteed loans mail 😞

But mixed in amongst all those spam emails were a couple from this person who had been trying to get hold of me for a few months and a couple from Lincoln Quaker, hmm wonder what that says about them both to end up in my spam 😜

So, do you check yours and scroll through them weekly, monthly or only as and when?

Are you ever tempted even though your not expecting anything but do shop at a particular place to open one that says you've been selected to win something blah blah blah.

153 😳

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Work spam inbox gets checked every time a mail goes in there so as much as several times a day

Personal mailboxes vary from a few times a week to once a month

Had a huge spam problem on an old mailbox with thousands per day going into to the point I had to stop using it

Mostly legit companies simply over-advertising or scams (or status updates from social media which I count as spam also)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If you have a btinternet.com email address and you use an email program like Outlook or Windows Live Mail , then you should occasionally log onto your webmail and check your Bulk mail folder.

Mail that goes into "bulk" doesn't make it to your email program and I've found many missing emails that customers have been unaware of

D

Deleted member 21258

If you have a btinternet.com email address and you use an email program like Outlook or Windows Live Mail , then you should occasionally log onto your webmail and check your Bulk mail folder.

Mail that goes into "bulk" doesn't make it to your email program and I've found many missing emails that customers have been unaware of

That's interesting, I have a business account (btconnect.com) and use outlook, almost never get juke mail.

Could you put in stupid mans terms, how I access the webmail ? Cheers.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use AOL and its highlighted how many emails i have ,how many i have recently deleted ,how many sent emails i have sent and how many SPAM MAILS I have ,so i check them on a daily basis . .

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
currently in my gmail are 229. it self deletes them after 30 days too!!

Edit, I have had:

A F word that rhymes with Duck Buddy request
Bingo
Credit Cards
Chinese Singles
Various golf clubs
golf shops
Sexy girls
Hot russian women

And a load of stuff i'm not interested in.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
721 in mine - a new record - at least 720 of which are 'the usual suspects'!

Occasionally look through to ensure that nothing has snuck in there, but only ever had a couple of real ones sent there and only had 1 or 2 spam ones in my inbox - so the spam filter is pretty good!

Some amusing variations on a couple of constant themes though!

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just out of the blue a couple of years ago I found an email in my spam from someone contacting me about work, turned out it was genuine and I ended up with a pretty good job in a great part of the world. Had I not randomly found the email, I'm guessing it would never have happened.

My current payslips go into Spam, even though I mark them "not spam" every time.

Definitely worth checking.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Just tried to log into my freeserve account to have a look but not working :(

Probably a temporary server issue
BUT EE are stopping their email services for Freeserve / FSNet/ Wanadoo etc from the end of May .

If you are still running the above, you need to migrate to Gmail or similar NOW

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
That's interesting, I have a business account (btconnect.com) and use outlook, almost never get juke mail.

Could you put in stupid mans terms, how I access the webmail ? Cheers.

Are you using Outlook (The Email program within Microsoft Office)
Or Outlook.com which is via the internet

If outlook.com then you are already using webmail and should be able to access any junk

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I use AOL and its highlighted how many emails i have ,how many i have recently deleted ,how many sent emails i have sent and how many SPAM MAILS I have ,so i check them on a daily basis . .
Same here. To be fair if I didn't get spam I wouldn't get any emails.:(