PC (Windows) Vs Mac

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So £749 + £84 = £833, everyone at the beginning was advising me to save money, I’m almost back at a grand with some service cover ?

Is this the dogs danglers though, I don’t mind the cost if it’s worth every penny.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So £749 + £84 = £833, everyone at the beginning was advising me to save money, I’m almost back at a grand with some service cover ?

Is this the dogs danglers though, I don’t mind the cost if it’s worth every penny.

Its a highly portable adaptable laptop and/or tablet, if you dont need either of those functions to it then no youd be better off buying a standard laptop with similar spec for a few hundred less (there again I paid £650 for mine when i bought it). Really does depend on how and what for you plan on using it

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Its a highly portable adaptable laptop and/or tablet, if you dont need either of those functions to it then no youd be better off buying a standard laptop with similar spec for a few hundred less (there again I paid £650 for mine when i bought it). Really does depend on how and what for you plan on using it

I think I’ve covered my usage earlier in the thread.

I’ll go into Currys or similar and look at it and see if there’s any sale prices still about.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think I’ve covered my usage earlier in the thread.

I’ll go into Currys or similar and look at it and see if there’s any sale prices still about.

Do you take it with you on the road or plan doing so? If so Id buy something like the surface pro, if you dont then I dont think it wouldnt be worth it and youd be better off buying a "normal" laptop with a bigger screen and a full time attached keyboard. But all just my opinion, I love the versatility of the surface, the laptop just became a desktop replacement to me

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Do you take it with you on the road or plan doing so? If so Id buy something like the surface pro, if you dont then I dont think it wouldnt be worth it and youd be better off buying a "normal" laptop with a bigger screen and a full time attached keyboard. But all just my opinion, I love the versatility of the surface, the laptop just became a desktop replacement to me

If it replaces my iPad that I had off Brian, and as he stated, I could then sell that and have something I could use both on the road, when away on business or golf, and then at home without an area being permanently designated for it 24/7.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it replaces my iPad that I had off Brian, and as he stated, I could then sell that and have something I could use both on the road, when away on business or golf, and then at home without an area being permanently designated for it 24/7.

if thats the plan Id seriously consider the surface then, but Id want to pick it up in the sales rather than pay full whack, go and have a look at them

Fish

Banned
Visit site
if thats the plan Id seriously consider the surface then, but Id want to pick it up in the sales rather than pay full whack, go and have a look at them

The £749 without keyboard is a sale price, everywhere else or the rrp is £1149.00.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The £749 without keyboard is a sale price, everywhere else or the rrp is £1149.00.

ouch, the better deals seem to have sold out last week, was £799 for the one with 256Gb SSD and keyboard

could always have a look around and see if theres any of the previous version anywhere

Fish

Banned
Visit site
ouch, the better deals seem to have sold out last week, was £799 for the one with 256Gb SSD and keyboard

could always have a look around and see if theres any of the previous version anywhere

That’s only £34 cheaper, so not a biggy if it’s the right match for what I want.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Computer Memories (sorry).

As I was in top maths class in 2nd yr at school I did computing rather than PE - we were the very first class to have a go at this new subject - so new it wasn’t examined. It was 1970 and we did very simple Algol programming. The school didn’t have a computer so our handwritten programs were sent to Jordanhill teacher training college. We got the print out programs and output a week later.

At uni around 1979 we at first did programming on punch card machines with output some days later. And I do remember work getting its first PC - about 1988 I’m thinking - an IBM 286 - we needed it to run MATLAB.

And many years later (about 1998) my team lead called his team into his office to see the new internet search engine he was trying out (back in Netscape navigator days) called Google - the Internet was new and the team I was in did a lot of defence market and geopolitical research so he tried out all search engines. He thought it was the next big thing. Mind you he also thought Netscape was the future...