Something to do near Liverpool for an afternoon

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

It was my birthday yesterday and the Mrs has booked 2 nights in a hotel in frodsham for Monday and Tuesday night. She's booked for me, her and my 8 year old to do the tour of anfield as I haven't managed to get up since the stadium change.... But as it's an early tour can someone recommend something to do for the afternoon or somewhere nice to go whilst the sun shining (unfortunately no golf).

Cheers all, Adam

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The waterfront is very pleasant and has quite a lot to offer.
If you are of an age a ferry trip across The Mersey is a good experience ( A good song title ??)
Also New Brighton is worth a trip.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends what your shared interests are.
The Albert dock is a really nice place to go and it leads to a nice walk along the river.
The art gallery and museums are fantastic if the suns getting to you.
Liverpool one shops has lots of outdoor dining over the road from the Dock area.
But the kids are off school and it’s freedom day so imagine it will be rammed.
Happy birthday by the way.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Oh, how my sides ache......

Royal Liver Building 360 Tower Tours and Visitor Experience Liverpool : Royal Liver Building (rlb360.com)

Views for miles, a good history behind it, right next to the Museum of Liverpool life and the Albert dock so other things to do if you have a bit more time, or want to get something to eat or drink, also.

The albert dock also has the Tate, maritime museum and the slavery museum.

We were up in Liverpool for a day in September, followed Liverbirdie’s recommendations as above and had a great time, ?