Some people are odd.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
I was in my local Nevada Bobs yesterday afternoon and a former member of my club came in.
He is the brother in law of our club secretary so would still come up to ours a couple times a month.

Anyway we got chatting and he said he had gotten a new set of irons. AP1's. I said oh they had them on offer at our place. He responded yes he saw them. Then I asked how much did he pay and he said £395. To which I responded well that was a good price(£400 at my place), he then said that was trading in his TM Burner 2.0 4-Sw. I said but sure they were £400 and he said and I quote "I know but they don't take trade ins"

So this guy who had a set of irons worth at least £150 (£300 on golfbidder) wouldn't buy Ap1s for £400 cos he couldn't trade in but then paid £395 and his irons. So he forfeited a good £150 to save paying out a fiver.

I just found that so odd I had to share.

Do you know other people like this? Or is it just me?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a bit like P&P.
On the shopping channel, they may be selling a memory card for the bargain price of £1. Roll up roll up. Only a £1.These are £6-£7 in the shops folks, .
These memory cards are £1 +P&P which is £7.99 for something the size of a stamp.
So your £1 card actually costs almost £9
And people snap them up.
They're not all locked up yet :mad:

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a bit like P&P.
On the shopping channel, they may be selling a memory card for the bargain price of £1. Roll up roll up. Only a £1.These are £6-£7 in the shops folks, .
These memory cards are £1 +P&P which is £7.99 for something the size of a stamp.
So your £1 card actually costs almost £9
And people snap them up.
They're not all locked up yet :mad:

Yeh but the card only cost £1...it was the service of the delivery company which cost £7.99 lol

Totally agree thre are one strange people out there. I recently hand to explain to wifey that the £3.99 delivery charge from sports direct was cheaper than going to store because of parking and fuel costs, not factoring in or the lower online prices anyway!...that is my excuse for purchasing new polls every month and I'm sticking to it.

I'm very much in the "save money wherever" group, I recently bought a ps3 off play.com £99 new with some sky landers game for kids, it retails at £60. It's currently on eBay where thy go for £40...so my ps3 only cost £60ish. BARGAIN

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had a guy at our club last year who was due to pay £300 of his deferred joining fee for this season. He didn't want to pay it so decided to leave and join another club, which cost him about as much extra a year to join :confused: When we quizzed him he said he has to work Saturdays so can't play as much with us so there was no point staying. The fact he already knows us and can just turn up and play when he can, as opposed to not knowing anyone, having to book tee times and still having to work Saturdays was clearly lost on him (maybe he didn't like us!!!!)

Some people's minds work in very curious ways

P.S. The deferred joining fee was waived so he wouldn't have had to pay it anyway.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very strange indeed. I'm tight and so I want the best deal, plus taking my clubs off my hands before I get the wallet out. Actually that isn't strictly true. I tend to buy and then take my clubs to Golfbidder HQ and negotiate in person. Usually get £50-100 more than they offer online

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeh but the card only cost £1...it was the service of the delivery company which cost £7.99 lol

Totally agree thre are one strange people out there. I recently hand to explain to wifey that the £3.99 delivery charge from sports direct was cheaper than going to store because of parking and fuel costs, not factoring in or the lower online prices anyway!...that is my excuse for purchasing new polls every month and I'm sticking to it.

I'm very much in the "save money wherever" group, I recently bought a ps3 off play.com £99 new with some sky landers game for kids, it retails at £60. It's currently on eBay where thy go for £40...so my ps3 only cost £60ish. BARGAIN

Wish I'd read this earlier, just paid £60 to get mine fixed!! Ylod.

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

i work for the courier company that handles all of the deliveries for one such tv shopping Chanel, and i can assure you with 100% certainty it costs them no were near 7 or 8 quid to send an item of any size by us unless its the appliances etc... then parcel force handle that and i couldn't tell you what they charge so i dont use said channels and they are taking advantage of silly people who think their getting a bargin

Last edited:

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
true but when i deliver 5+ items every 2 days to one house in particular, the old man always says "[swear word] woman just cant help herself"
which is true, some people get hooked so easy and they think theyre the ones doing well from it pffft lol

Last edited by a moderator: