Soft Balls

Baldyeagle

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a slow swing speed (80-85ish) and someone suggested that I should consider using balls with a softer core because I'm more likely to compress it properly & therefore get more distance off the tee. Any sense in this? (I currently use mainly Titelist NXT).

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've switched to a softer ball to help my short game. I feel I'm in control more within 100 yards of the pin, but without loosing too much on my drive (not that it was far anyway :D)

I played with Noodles before moveing to Srixon soft feel and I'm liking these for the time being.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I played with Noodles before moveing to Srixon soft feel and I'm liking these for the time being.

I used to play with a TM Noodle before switching to Srixon. I play the AD333 and cannot recommend them enough.

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I have srixon green sort balls, and they are perfect from 150yds in, and they are a dream to putt with.

I do like diatance harder balls off the tee, harder ball SHOULD = less spin should you miss hit....

If only rules allowed you to change.....

I do find i hit a few yrds less from the tees with the softed ball, but rock the par 3's

Baldyeagle

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Which NXT?

I'm using NXT tour a.t.m. and rate them.

Plain NXTs - since my post I've played two rounds with Ladies' balls (cue for flood of Benny Hill type jokes) and found distance off the tee about the same but nice feel around the green so may stick with them for a while.