Hard v Soft Balls

D

Deleted member 23270

about 6,000 yards
I don't think any handicap golfer is consistent enough to claim they can tell the difference in distance between balls. Even using robots there are only a few yards difference between the longest and shortest balls.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think any handicap golfer is consistent enough to claim they can tell the difference in distance between balls. Even using robots there are only a few yards difference between the longest and shortest balls.
The machine delivers consistency, it doesn’t have a variety of swing styles. There is and will be balls that don’t work for certain deliveries.. but your right the reality is the majority of balls will differ by tiny margins and those will be hidden by the variance in the delivery.
It pretty much means buying expensive golf balls is a folly. But hey what floats your boat.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can probably feel the difference with the putter as well as driver. But that would just be a feel preference rather than distance related. Well, it could be distance related in terms of feet and inches over the green. ?
That’s more of a putter insert test, not a bad way of choosing your ball as a final phase of the selection process

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

somehow I think you missed the joke.

Swango1980

Visit site
I don't think what you're asking makes any sense. Shafts are labelled 'regular' 'stiff' etc hence why they can vary as it's a subjective labelling by the manufacturer. But the compression numbers - I don't even know what unit it's in to be honest with you - but to say 80 compression balls could be different is like saying one 30cm ruler is longer than another 30cm ruler isn't it?? Sure they can have different other characteristics, but the compression is the compression. Then again I've had 32 inch waist shorts that were too big and others I couldn't get on so who knows. :LOL:

I Googled it and this seems relevant: https://www.tgw.com/golf-guide/golf-ball-compression-ratings-dont-matter/
You should try and eat a healthy, balanced diet and get regular exercise. Not unsustainable dieting followed by binge eating. That should solve your shorts problem.