Sock it to me

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm not sure I could have survived this summer's heatwave in long trousers. Surely you must have worn shorts on the course at some point this year?
I definitely don't have the legs for shorts and we have some vicious nettles around the course in summer so very happy to wear long trousers all year. With the new materials use in modern golf clothing summer long trousers are comfy

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
General question for everyone..
If you we're launching a new golf club today and you had the right to make club rules, would you invoke the " can't wear black socks with shorts" rule..?

Any dress code of any variety is forcing you into complying.
Yes, you have the choice to play or not but if you choose to play you are being forced into being told what you can wear and what you can't.
And the irony is, as I've stated before, that a combo of flourescent pink shirt, lurid lime green pants and bright blue shoes gets the nod over a pair of black socks...
I just find it totally illogical that people care about what other people wear in the 21st century..
I think a lot of clubs could benefit by looking at their rules and saying 'if we were starting up afresh, would we invent that rule?' Dress code should never be more complicated than 'collared shirts and no jeans' really, to my mind. I think the vast majority would be happy with that.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think a lot of clubs could benefit by looking at their rules and saying 'if we were starting up afresh, would we invent that rule?' Dress code should never be more complicated than 'collared shirts and no jeans' really, to my mind. I think the vast majority would be happy with that.

A heck of a lot of golf courses in Scotland are that relaxed now that they welcome jeans in the clubhouse now.

Smoking ban and lowered drunk driving limit has really hampered golf and bowling clubs. Most people would have popped in for "one for the road" but now they can't even do that up here.